Sweet and savory Oven Roasted Tomatoes, fabulous in salads, sandwiches, and as a vibrant base for party snacks!
With Super Bowl just around the corner, I’m planning ahead as to not derail all the positive choices I’ve made the last few weeks. Sometimes I like to substitute fresh or roasted veggies, in the place of crackers or bread, an unexpected yet intriguing gluten free solution.
Oven roasted tomatoes are something I often make as a sweet and tangy side dish, or as an addition to salads.
A low and slow roast in the oven develops a rich concentrated depth in the tomato slices, showing off the brightest and most tantalizing attributes of their flavor.
Recently I’ve discovered these little oven roasted tomatoes make a great base for spreading and stacking!
You know what pairs perfectly with the bold zesty quality of slow roasted tomatoes? Cheese. More specifically, sharp nutty Asiago cheese.
I spread each roasted tomato slice with smooth The Laughing Cow® Creamy Asiago Cheese Wedges then topped them with artichoke heart wedges and olives, to create simple antipasto stacks.
The smooth nutty quality of the The Laughing Cow® Asiago Cheese ties the oven roasted tomatoes and the salty toppings together in perfectly balanced little bites that taste of Italy!
Just roast the tomatoes as directed below, with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Then cool them to room temperature.
Once the roasted tomatoes have cooled, spread the surface with silky The Laughing Cow® Creamy Asiago Cheese Wedges and top with your favorite antipasto topping… Olives, marinated artichoke hearts, capers, roasted peppers. Even a bit of hard salami would be fantastic!
These little antipasto stack snacks take very little hands-on time, and are an unexpected treat at any gathering.
In fact, I have a hard time keeping my kids out of them until our guests arrive.
Love The Laughing Cow® Cheese cheeses as much as we do?
The Laughing Cow® Cheese has deemed this month 31 Days of Curiosity, a focus on #ReinventSnacking. Make sure to tag your cheesy snack-shots on Facebook and Instagram to help inspire others to get creative with their snack options.
Also search #ReinventSnacking on you favorite social media site to get a few satisfying snack ideas of your own!
(You can find smooth and creamy snack ideas here as well.)
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 pounds small sweet tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 package The Laughing Cow® Creamy Asiago
- 1 can artichoke hearts cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the tomatoes into 1/3 inch rounds and lay in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme. Then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Bake the tomato slices for 90 to 120 minutes, until they are thin and crisp around the edges, yet soft in the middle. Cool before serving.
- To make the Roasted Tomato Stacks: Spread The Laughing Cow® Creamy Asiago over the surface of each tomato. Then top each tomato slice with an olive or a artichoke wedge. Serve at room temperature.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Laughing Cow® Cheese. All opinions are my own.