Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Sweet and savory Oven Roasted Tomatoes, fabulous in salads, sandwiches, and as a vibrant base for party snacks!
With Super Bowl just around the corner, I’m planning ahead as to not derail all the positive choices I’ve made the last few weeks. Sometimes I like to substitute fresh or roasted veggies, in the place of crackers or bread, an unexpected yet intriguing gluten free solution.
Oven roasted tomatoes are something I often make as a sweet and tangy side dish, or as an addition to salads.
A low and slow roast in the oven develops a rich concentrated depth in the tomato slices, showing off the brightest and most tantalizing attributes of their flavor.
Recently I’ve discovered these little oven roasted tomatoes make a great base for spreading and stacking!
You know what pairs perfectly with the bold zesty quality of slow roasted tomatoes? Cheese. More specifically, sharp nutty Asiago cheese.
I spread each roasted tomato slice with smooth The Laughing Cow® Creamy Asiago Cheese Wedges then topped them with artichoke heart wedges and olives, to create simple antipasto stacks.
The smooth nutty quality of the The Laughing Cow® Asiago Cheese ties the oven roasted tomatoes and the salty toppings together in perfectly balanced little bites that taste of Italy!
Just roast the tomatoes as directed below, with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Then cool them to room temperature.
Once the roasted tomatoes have cooled, spread the surface with silky The Laughing Cow® Creamy Asiago Cheese Wedges and top with your favorite antipasto topping… Olives, marinated artichoke hearts, capers, roasted peppers. Even a bit of hard salami would be fantastic!
These little antipasto stack snacks take very little hands-on time, and are an unexpected treat at any gathering.
In fact, I have a hard time keeping my kids out of them until our guests arrive.
Love The Laughing Cow® Cheese cheeses as much as we do?
The Laughing Cow® Cheese has deemed this month 31 Days of Curiosity, a focus on #ReinventSnacking. Make sure to tag your cheesy snack-shots on Facebook and Instagram to help inspire others to get creative with their snack options.
Also search #ReinventSnacking on you favorite social media site to get a few satisfying snack ideas of your own!
(You can find smooth and creamy snack ideas here as well.)
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
For the Oven Roasted Tomatoes:
For the Roasted Tomato Stacks:
- 1 package The Laughing Cow® Creamy Asiago
- 1 can artichoke hearts, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the tomatoes into 1/3-inch rounds and lay in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme. Then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Bake the tomato slices for 90 to 120 minutes, until they are thin and crisp around the edges, yet soft in the middle. Cool before serving.
To make the Roasted Tomato Stacks:
- Spread The Laughing Cow® Creamy Asiago over the surface of each tomato. Then top each tomato slice with an olive or a artichoke wedge. Serve at room temperature.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Laughing Cow® Cheese. All opinions are my own.