Oven Baked "Fried" Pickles with Garlic Sauce
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:14 minutes
Amazing Oven Baked “Fried” Pickles with Garlic Sauce. Get your southern fried pickle fix without all the calories!
For the Oven Baked “Fried” Pickles:
- 16 ounce dill pickle slices, drained
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely shredded reduced fat pepper jack cheese (or habanero cheddar)
- Cooking oil spray
For the Garlic Sauce:
- 1 cup low fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Then spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Prep three bowls: one with flour, one with whisked egg and milk, and one with panko and finely shredded cheese mixed together. Drain the pickles then lay them out on a paper towel lined plate. Press the pickles with another paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Toss the pickles in the flour to thoroughly coat. Shake off the excess. Then dip the pickles in egg wash, followed by the panko mixture. Lay the triple-dipped pickles on the prepared baking sheet.
- Once all the pickles are coated in panko, spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- While the pickles are baking, mix the garlic sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Then taste, and salt and pepper as needed. Serve the pickles warm, with a side of garlic sauce (or ranch dressing!)
Yield: 6-8 servings, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 178 Calories
- Total Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Sodium: 977mg
- Carbohydrates: 21.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Protein: 8.1g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2