One Pot Thai Curry Shrimp Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
One Pot Thai Curry Shrimp Pasta – A simple one pot meal with huge flavor. Fresh shrimp, silky red curry sauce, and fresh herbs and vegetables. Love!
Well hello there, one pot meal lovers. I’ve been thinking about you, and have got something special for you today!
Most of the time I don’t really think about making an entire meal with one single pan. I mean, why would I? I have three built-in dishwashers on rotation.
However, school is back in session and my little students are trying to get back into the swing of balancing extracurricular activities and homework.
I feel for them. Really I do. They need a break from dish duty this month.
Intro the one pot meal phase of my life. LOL!
This simple, yet vivacious, One Pot Thai Curry Shrimp Pasta is so easy to make, it’s sure to be a new favorite on your dinner table.
It’s big, bold and loaded with veggies. Plus I used whole grain pasta, so I’m serving my family a tasty and healthy meal!
So here’s the breakdown of my One Pot Thai Curry Shrimp Pasta…
You quickly cook the shrimp and veggies separately so they are seared, not steamed. Then dump and shrimp and veggies out of the pot and add water and pasta.
Cover the pasta and cook until the water has absorbed. Then stir in creamy coconut milk and red curry pasta. Toss the shrimp and veggies back into the pasta and BAM.
Fresh, fragrant and loaded with goodness. This one pot meal is a winner.
Each steaming bowl of thai curry shrimp pasta is a love letter to your family. One that says, “Surprise! No dish duty for you tonight, love muffin. XOXO”
And you know what? You might even get a real love letter back.
One Pot Thai Curry Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound large peeled raw shrimp
- 1 pound dry linguini pasta I used DeLallo Organic Whole Grain Pasta
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup snow peas
- 13 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/4 cup fresh thai basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Place a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame oil. Once the oil is hot add the shrimp and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear the shrimp for 2 minutes, then remove them from the pan and place in a holding dish. Next add the snow peas and carrots to the skillet. Sear for 3 minutes, then remove. Finally add the red peppers to the skillet. Sear for 2 minutes, then remove.
- Pour 4 cups water to the skillet and 1 teaspoon salt. Once the water comes to a simmer, add the pasta and stir well to separate. Cover the skillet and cook until the water is almost completely absorbed.
- Then pour in the coconut milk and red curry paste and stir to coat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, then add the carrots, snow peas, red peppers and shrimp back to the skillet. Stir and simmer another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the thai basil leaves and scallions. Salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Can I use Panang curry instead of red curry and Zucchini noodles instead of pasta?
Absolutely! Great idea!!
Pingback: 29 Quick & Easy One Pot Meals
I have been craving Thai food – I love that this is one pot!!
Nice job! We’ve never used linguini pasta in Asian cooking before but it’s a brilliant idea. Will certainly keep this in mind. Thanks for the recipe!
YUM! this look so delicious, my husband would love it! And of course, the less dishes the better!
Thai and looks latino recipes, I like the orange color all over it
Who DOESN’T love a one-pot meal?? Barely any mess, super easy, no need to convince me!
This looks fabulous!!
Well, I thought I had everything in the refrig, well, no I didn’t. But my version was so great! I had frozen peas and hot pepper from the garden. I will make this again, maybe with the right ingredients! LOL!!!!:}
this is an awesome one pot meal! love how easy it is!
I’m with Liz, I love those one pot meals! Makes mommying so much easier. And if it tastes good, so much better!
I am ALL about easy, delicious one pot meals! And my resident dishwasher will be thrilled, too.
My boys will love this one!
I could thai food all day long, especially when pasta is involved! Great use of flavors, Sommer!
I am HANDS DOWN a one pot meal lover. ESPECIALLY when it involves Thai curry and shrimp. Those are basically all my most favorite things in ONE meal. YOU WIN. Pinned!
Looks great! I’m always looking for new shrimp recipes. Thanks for sharing!