One-Pot Sloppy Joe Noodle Skillet
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Easy One-Pot Sloppy Joe Noodle Skillet – A nostalgic nod to Hamburger Helper, yet with fresh ingredients and a whole lot more flavor and appeal!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2 – 15 ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (or coconut palm sugar)
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Franks RedHot.)
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles (could be gluten free)
- 1-2 cups shredded mexican blend cheese
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the butter, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes to soften. Then push the veggies to the edges of the pan and add the ground beef. Break the ground beef into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Brown the meat, moving it around the pan, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add two cans diced tomatoes and one can tomato sauce to the pan. Use an empty can to add 15 ounces of water to the pan. Then stir in the brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and hot sauce.
- Stir in the noodles and make sure they are well submerged. Then cover the pan and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked through. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle cheese over the top and serve warm!
Yield: 6 servings , Serving Size: 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 632 Calories
- Total Fat: 18.4g
- Saturated Fat: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 177mg
- Sodium: 1230mg
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Sugar: 20.3g
- Protein: 49.9g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2