Nutty Cardamom Bundt Cake with Bourbon Glaze: A decadent spiced salty-sweet treat topped with brown sugar bourbon glaze, pecans, and sea salt!
If you are ready for fall and all it entails, I’ve got a special treat for you today!
I know some of you are mourning summer with its tank top weather and sun-kissed cheeks.
This time of year I am always ready for crisp cool evenings, cardigan sweaters, and leaves in every shade of red and gold.
If you aren’t feeling fall yet, allow me to try to sway you with my first autumn offering, a Nutty Cardamom Bundt Cake with Bourbon Glaze.
This simple spice cake is tender, aromatic, and speckled with pecans throughout.
A warm salted brown sugar bourbon glaze is poured over the top to create a sugary coating with a caramelized boozy essence.
It’s rich and smooth. Just the thing to complement a spiced nut bundt cake.
As if that weren’t enough, more pecans are added to the top, along with course Diamond Crystal® Sea Salt, to give this bundt cake the sparkling final touch that takes it from absolutely amazing to triple amaze-balls.
Just ask my family.
We’re crazy for bundt cakes, and this fall inspired Nutty Cardamom Bundt Cake with Bourbon Glaze is the perfect way to kick off baking season.
A generous amount of Diamond Crystal® Sea Salts in the cake, in the brown sugar bourbon glaze, and on top of the cake bring out the richest flavors, making every bite seem like a little celebration.
If you are looking for more fall inspired recipes with a salty note, check out our newest Pinterest Board, Fall Recipes – Kissed with Salt! There you will find savory and sweet recipes, along with amazing tips on how to make the most of sea salt and kosher salt.
Also follow Diamond Crystal® Salt on Pinterest for perfectly seasoned recipe ideas.
Usher in fall with Nutty Cardamom Bundt Cake with Bourbon Glaze.
You’ll be so glad you did!
Nutty Cardamom Bundt Cake with Bourbon Glaze
Yield: 12+ pieces
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:65 minutes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons Diamond Crystal® Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (full fat or lowfat)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal® Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Diamond Crystal® Coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 12-15 cup capacity bundt pan with baking spray and set aside. Mix the flour, cardamom, Diamond Crystal® Fine Sea Salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Turn the mixer on low and add in the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Scrape the bowl and slowly add in the flour mixture. Scrape the bowl once again and mix in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. Do not open the oven to test the cake until at least 55 minutes have passed, or the cake may deflate. Test the cake by inserting a wooden skewer into the center. If it comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven and cool. Wait at least 20 minutes before flipping it out of the pan onto a wire cooling rack.
- For the Salted Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze: Place the brown sugar, butter, bourbon, vanilla, and Diamond Crystal® Fine Sea Salt in a skillet. Set over medium heat and whisk until the brown sugar fully dissolves. Then remove from heat and whisk in the cream and powdered sugar. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Place the cooling rack and cake on a piece of wax paper. Pour the glaze over the top of the cake, allowing it to run down all the sides. Sprinkle the nuts over the top of the cake. Once the glaze is almost completely dry, sprinkle the top with Diamond Crystal® Coarse Sea Salt to taste.
Yield: 12+ pieces, Serving Size: 1/12th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 562 Calories
- Total Fat: 25.1g
- Saturated Fat: 13.7g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
- Sodium: 416mg
- Carbohydrates: 78.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sugar: 53.9g
- Protein: 6.7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Diamond Crystal® Salt. All salty-sweet opinions are our own.