No-Churn Mocha Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream requires no special equipment and tastes like heaven!
Today’s ice cream recipe is decadent, delicious, and completely do-able. The essence of coffee, tiny chocolate bits, and the brightness of mint all shine through in our No-Churn Mocha Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream.
Don’t be scared away by the big name. It may be a mouthful, yet describes this dish precisely.
No-Churn Mocha Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream may sound complicated and obtrusive to you. However, this ice cream recipe is smooth, straight forward, a piece of cake, and easy as pie to make!
Don’t have an ice cream maker? Avoiding animal products in your diet? No problem!
Vegan or not, this recipe is a total winner. There are no hard to find ingredients or tricky culinary steps involved whatsoever. The most difficult and challenging portion of creating No-Churn Mocha Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream is waiting for it to freeze.
It is as simple as: mix, freeze, stir, freeze. Stirring the freezing ice cream a couple of times will make it creamier.
When I was a child, making homemade ice cream was a family event. It was a rare and wondrous occasion when the ice cream maker emerged from the garage.
After a good cleaning, we filled it with ice and rock salt. Its inner chamber would brim with cream, sugar, and other luscious ingredients.
We would gather around the ice cream maker on the back patio to take our post cranking and churning until the frozen creamy goodness solidified.
The trick was to find a shady spot outside to eat it before it melted back into a liquid state.
Just like back then, it only takes a few wholesome ingredients to concoct No-Churn Mocha Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream. But this method is so much easier!
It is best made in small batches and eaten soon after frozen. However, you don’t have to bake in the sun while enjoying it. If it starts to melt, just refreeze it.
Kick your feet up and enjoy!
No-Churn Mocha Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream
- 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 15 ounce can coconut cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips, vegan
- Place the coconut milk, coconut cream, sugar, instant coffee and peppermint extract in a blender jar. Blend the ingredients together until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a freezable container. Cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- When the ice cream begins to solidify, stir in the vegan chocolate chips. Return to the freezer. Check and stir again after 1 more hour. Freeze until hard, then serve.