Late Summer Negroni
A fun twist on a classic negroni recipe. The Late Summer Negroni combines the bitter-sweetness of Aperol with Chamomile Tea for a back porch cocktail to sip during a long indian summer.
This cocktail is a lighter take on a classic Negroni, traditionally with equal parts gin, campari, and sweet vermouth.
In this version I used:
- Tanqueray 10 (which is infused with fresh citrus and botanicals, making it a more delicate, crisp gin)
- Dolin Blanc (a white sweet vermouth)
- Aperol (with a milder bitterness than Campari)
- Chamomile Tea (to provide a little dilution)
Stir together, then garnish with a grapefruit peel instead of orange, making this Negroni light and refreshing!
- 3/4 ounce Tanqueray No. Ten Gin
- 3/4 ounce Dolin Blanc
- 3/4 ounce Aperol
- 3/4 ounce freshly brewed chamomile tea
- Stir all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with a grapefruit peel, making sure to extract the oil from the peel on top of the cocktail.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!