Fancy 5 Minute Nachos
We’ve got super easy FANCY nachos on the menu today for our weekly 5 Minute Fix. This simple recipe is a great way to use up leftovers and serve something everyone will love, in a hurry!
So the story behind these nachos, is that I always keep jarred sun dried red peppers, capers, and pine nuts in my pantry, because I like to use them in recipes like this…
Yet every time I make a recipe with these ingredients, I add little half-empty jars to the already overflowing condiment shelves in my fridge.
So this recipe was created as a way to clean out the fridge, and became an instant favorite in my house!
The sweet red peppers add lovely contrast to the briney capers and the buttery pine nuts. All the toppings are sprinkled over tortilla chips covered in creamy muenster cheese.
I simply place a tray of these fancy nachos under the broiler for a couple minutes to melt the cheese, or pop a plate of them in the microwave.
Either way, you have a lovely decadent snack or lunch in less than 5 minutes. And because the toppings aren’t normally found on nachos, they come as a happy surprise to all who partake.
See you tomorrow!
5 Minute Fancy Nachos
- 4 cups tortillas chips about 4 large handfuls
- 4 ounces shredded muenster cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced DeLallo Sun Dried Red Peppers
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons pinenuts
- Place the tortilla chips on a large microwave-safe plate (or baking dish if using the oven.) Sprinkle the shredded muenster cheese over the chips.
- Drain and slice the sun dried red peppers. Sprinkle the peppers, capers and pine nuts over the top of the cheese.
- If using the microwave, cook for 45-90 seconds, until the cheese is melted. If using the oven, place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until all the cheese in melted. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!