Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This mini Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake recipe makes fun edible gifts!
Rich and sumptuous pound cake studded with chocolate chips and infused with refreshing mint. Mmmm!
There’s a popular candy that is coated with decadent chocolate and filled with peppermint, which chills your entire head when you inhale…
Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is that kind of luscious experience in a cake.
I love the combination of chocolate and mint. Cool and invigorating, creamy, decadent, and satisfying.
These flavors are a wonderful compliment to one another.
One bite of Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake will make you sit up and smile. These mouthwatering cakes make perfect edible gifts for the holidays that will leave your friends and family wanting more.
You can make them ahead and freeze them for another time. That is, if you can keep your family from eating them up. Mine were quickly being nibbled away before I realized it!
After all, who wouldn’t want Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake for breakfast, snacks, and dessert?
Like traditional pound cake, Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is simple and quick to make, yet slow to bake.
Simple and easy, yes. Yet there are a few tips to help your cake have the moist tender texture that is so desired.
Not over-mixing it is the key.
If you have to beat something while baking, let it be the sugar and butter. They can take it.
Blend in the eggs gently. Beating the eggs too much will cause a crackly crust on top of the cake. (Tasty, but not pretty.)
Mix the other ingredients until just blended. Over-mixing always leads to a tough cake.
Bake the cake the full amount of time without opening oven door. This prevents the cake from falling. Yet, what really completes this Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is the rich, creamy, chocolate mint ganache.
Drizzle a thick layer of warm ganache over the cakes. Allow it to drip down the sides of the cakes. Use an offset spatula to fill in any holes on top.
Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake will be everyone’s favorite treat this season, guaranteed!
Mint Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
For the Pound Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 6-8 mini loaf pans. ( I used 3x5 inch pans.)
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of bowl and mix in the eggs, baking powder, salt, peppermint extract, green food coloring, and milk.
- Add the flour in thirds until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill the pans two-thirds full.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pans and place on a cooling rack.
For the Ganache:
- Heat the cream in a small pot over medium-low heat, until small bubbles form at the edges of the pot. Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Let it sit about 5 minutes, then stir with a whisk until the chocolate and cream are totally combined. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Cool the ganache to a thick, pourable consistency. Pour or drizzle over the cakes. Serve warm or cool completely before wrapping.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!