Easy 5-Ingredient Mexican Stuffed Crescent Roll Recipe, a fabulous treat for breakfast or quick party snacks!
They alleviate the need for stressing over party menus, and often come in handy on short notice.
This simple Mexican Stuffed Crescent Roll Recipe is a particularly tasty double-duty recipe that is fabulous a for a quick hand-held breakfast, as a side dish, and as a hearty party snack.
Filled with spicy chorizo sausage, muenster cheese, and smoky Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, they mimic the appeal of both classic sausage rolls, and Mexican style empanadas, landing somewhere delightfully in between.
Best of all, this Mexican Stuffed Crescent Roll Recipe is easy to put together, requiring only 5 simple ingredients:
- Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
- Cooked Chorizo
- Muenster Cheese
- Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
Simply mix the cooked crumbled chorizo with the sweet and spicy Old El Paso Green Chiles and spoon a tablespoon onto the widest part of each crescent roll.
Then top it with shredded cheese.
Roll the crescent rolls to seal the filling inside.
Brush the eggwash over the top of each crescent roll so it develops a glossy golden crust while baking.
Then pop them in the oven and try to be patient for the magical moment when these hot fluffy crescent rolls are ready to be devoured.
It’s a short time, yet the aroma is so enticing, it seems like forever.
In the end, buttery layers unfold revealing hot spicy chorizo and chiles, mingled with creamy molten cheese.
Simple. Bold. Utterly irresistible. A perfect multi-tasker.
Our Mexican Stuffed Crescent Rolls Recipe is a guaranteed hit at any occasion.
Each little bundle is pure zesty bliss!
Mexican Stuffed Crescent Roll Recipe
Yield: 16 rolls
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Easy 5-Ingredient Mexican Stuffed Crescent Roll Recipe. Buttery rolled layers filled with chorizo, green chiles, and cheese.
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls (16 total)
- 8 ounces ground chorizo
- 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup shredded muenster cheese
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place the chorizo in a skillet and set over medium heat. Sauté and brown for several minutes, breaking the chorizo apart with a wooden spoon. Then drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Mix the cooked chorizo and Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles in a small bowl. Then lay out the crescent rolls and separate them. Spoon 1 tablespoon of chorizo mixture on the wide end of each crescent roll. Cover with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Roll and tuck the filling into the center of the crescent rolls and place them on the prepared baking sheets, several inches apart. Then whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water, and brush the eggwash over the top of each crescent roll.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until puffy and golden. Serve warm.
Yield: 16 rolls, Serving Size: 1 roll
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 206 Calories
- Total Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 473mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Protein: 7.5g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.