Moist zesty Mexican Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe, smothered in cheese… Ole’!
We’ve got a fabulous dinner idea for you to try this week.
Meatloaf is one of those recipes most of us love, with unabashed fervor.
There are also those the hate-to-love meatloaf… They secretly crave it, but don’t want anyone to know. Then there are those who just haven’t tried the right meatloaf recipe yet.
No matter the category you fit into, if you eat meat, this recipe is for you!
Today’s Mexican Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe is one of my absolute favorite meatloaves, because it’s slightly spicy, and less sweet, than the traditional method with ketchup on top.
Made with lean ground beef, ground turkey, and loads of pureed veggies, it’s lighter than most meatloaf recipes. Plus, it’s also a great way to sneak vegetables into your kids.
Using Old El Paso Taco Seasoning is a fabulous meatloaf hack. You get all your herbs and spices in one packet! The green chiles offer a smoky quality.
Make sure your Mexican Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe has the perfect tender texture by thoroughly mixing the ingredients by hand. There should be no chunks of unblended ground meat of veggies anywhere.
Then shape the meatloaf and place it in the slow cooker.
Slow cooking meatloaf is a great way to insure your meatloaf does not overcook. In fact, you can prep your Mexican Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe first thing in the morning and leave it to cook as you head off the work.
Kick the ketchup to the curb! Once in the crockpot, pour rich zesty Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce over the top of the meatloaf before cooking.
The enchilada sauce not only seasons the meatloaf from the outside in, it keeps the entire loaf ultra moist and tender.
Try serving this with Cheesy Enchilada Rice! <LINK>
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Od El Paso. All opinions are my own.
Mexican Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
Yield: 8-12 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:5-6 hours
Mexican Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe – A fun twist on classic meatloaf, you can make in your slow cooker. Zesty, loaded with hidden vegetables, and ultra moist!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Packet
- 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 19 ounce can Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, colby)
- Place the ground beef and turkey in a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, egg, sour cream, taco seasoning and green chiles.
- Trim the veggies and cut into large rough chunks. Place the veggies in the food processor and puree until very smooth. Pour the vegetable mash into the bowl.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients until very smooth. There should be no pockets of ground meat of veggies that are not fully blended.
- Shake the mixture into a thick log and place in the bottom of a large oval slow cooker. Pour the Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce over the top. Cover the crock and turn on low.
- Slow cook for 5-6 hours until the meatloaf has reduced in size and the sauce is simmering around it. Right before serving, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Cover the crock again for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Then slice and serve!
NOTE: Serve the slices with extra sauce from the slow cooker. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
Yield: 8-12 servings, Serving Size: 12
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 246 Calories
- Total Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Sodium: 498mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Protein: 26.2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!