Mexican Breakfast Casserole with Hash Brown Top
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:55 minutes
Mexican Breakfast Casserole with Hash Brown Top – A Hash Brown Casserole with a crusty potato top, and fluffy layers of eggs, cheese, tortilla, and peppers.
- 16 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 large Old El Paso Flour Tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cup shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 packet Old El Paso Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crema (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a large 9 X 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut the tortillas in to 1/2 inch by 1 inch strips. Whisk the eggs thoroughly in a large bowl. Then mix in the shredded cheese, chopped bell pepper, chiles, 1 cup chopped green onions, salt and tortillas. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the shredded potato with the Old El Paso Taco Seasoning. Then drizzle the butter over the top of the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the shredded potatoes over the egg mixture in an even layer. Then place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until the center is puffed up and the hash brown top is crispy. Serve warm, drizzled with crema and sprinkled with green onions.
Yield: 12 servings, Serving Size: 12
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 353 Calories
- Total Fat: 22.4g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 268mg
- Sodium: 804mg
- Carbohydrates: 30.5g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Protein: 13.4g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.
PAGE: 1 2