Crispy Maple Glazed Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Potatoes, a fabulous holiday side dish!
I adore sweet potatoes.
Yet for some reason, I have never been a fan of the traditional marshmallow-topped sweet potato dish most cooks serve around the holidays.
They are usually too sweet and too mushy for my taste.
Therefore every holiday season I make a point to create some sort of untraditional sweet potato dish my family will love…
Hoping they will be so thrilled with what I make, no one will be angry I skipped the marshmallows. *wink*
This year I stumbled upon a huge hit with my family, Maple Glazed Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Potatoes.
These individually wrapped sweet potato spears are baked to perfection, soft on the inside with crispy prosciutto swirled from tip to tip.
Then a spiced maple glaze is poured over the top to lightly candy-coat both the prosciutto ham and sweet potatoes.
You guys, this is a sweet potato lover’s paradise!
Maple Glazed Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Potatoes make a marvelous modernized alternative for classic sweet potato casserole.
They have a touch of sweetness, yet it is balanced by a luxurious fatty note from the prosciutto di Parma.
The contrasting textures make this an elegant side dish, or even a gluten free appetizer for parties!
You can pick them up with your fingers and munch away.
Best of all, I found everything I needed to make these Maple Glazed Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Potatoes at ALDI, including the fresh firm sweet potatoes, affordable pure maple syrup, and rich prosciutto di Parma!
ALDI offers amazing savings all year long.
Yet it is especially fantastic for holiday shopping. You can find everything you need from gourmet snacks and award-winning wines for parties, to baking ingredients and holiday hams.
You can even find fun stocking stuffers and gifts, while saving money!
Also, to help bring more food to more people this holiday, ALDI is teaming up with Venmo and Feeding America® to encourage people to add a new tradition of giving to their Friendsgiving celebrations.
Every time the custom Friendsgiving Turkey Hand emoji is shared on Venmo this November, ALDI will donate meals to people in need, up to one million meals.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ALDI. All opinions are our own.
Maple Glazed Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 24 wedges
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Maple Glazed Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Potatoes Recipe – A fabulous holiday recipe with sweet sumptuous sweet potato wedges and crispy prosciutto ham.
- 4 long sweet potatoes, average in size
- 1 tablespoon Carlini vegetable oil
- 2 3-ounce packages Specially Selected Prosciutto di Parma
- 1/4 cup Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon SimplyNature Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon SimplyNature Organic Cayenne Pepper
- Stonemill salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut each potato in half, lengthwise. Then cut each half into three long wedges.
- Pile the sweet potato wedges on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Spread them out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Open both packages of Prosciutto di Parma. Cut each piece into 2 long strips. Wrap one strip around each potato wedge, tucking the ends under the bottom.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the maple syrup, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush the maple syrup mix over the potato wedges, then bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
NOTE: All brands listed are found at ALDI.
Yield: 24 wedges, Serving Size: 4 wedges
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 202 Calories
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 737mg
- Carbohydrates: 34.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Protein: 7.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!