Magic Bloody Mary Shredded Beef
Why We Love this Easy Beef Recipe
If you want to feed a crowd or meal prep with as little effort as possible, the slow cooker is your BFF… And we especially love those fantastic “dump” style recipes that don’t require any pre-cooking. Our amazing “Bloody Mary Shredded Beef” recipe is one of those magic 3-ingredient, all-purpose wonders you can use in many different ways!
This set-it-and-forget-it recipe could not be any easier to make. Just add a few key ingredients to the crock, cover, and cook throughout the day until the meat reaches fork-tender perfection. The addition of good quality Bloody Mary Mix with tons of herbs, spices, onions and beef base, gives the pulled beef a tantalizing yet subtle flavor. It’s delicious to use in chilis, soups, burritos, on tacos or sandwiches, over noodles, or even mixed into pasta sauces.
This simple recipe yields 16 generous servings, so it’s great when you need to prepare dishes for larger gatherings. But it’s not only wonderful to use for big get-togethers with family and friends. Because it is so versatile and easy to store, crockpot pulled beef is also a fabulous make-ahead for meal prep!
3 Ingredients You Need
- Boneless beef chuck roast – a rather tough cut of meat that becomes melt-in-your-mouth tender in the slow cooker
- Bloody Mary mix – choose your favorite brand
- Beef base – or bullion (dehydrated beef broth)
Why Bloody Mary Mix? The traditional savory drink mix is loaded with tons of ingredients that are equally delicious with beef! Most mixes include: tomato, onion, cumin, garlic powder, chilies or chili powder, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper.
How to Make Magic Shredded Beef
Set out a large 6-8 quart slow cooker. Preheat to high heat.
Cut the beef chuck roast into large 2 to 3-inch chunks and place them in the slow cooker. Then pour in the bottle of Bloody Mary mix, and add in the beef base.
Cover with a lid and slow cook on high for 5 to 7 hours. Or cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
Once the beef is fork-tender, use two forks or tongs to shred the beef into the juices.
Get the Complete (Printable) Magic Shredded Beef Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Remove any large chunks of fat if desired. Set the slow cooker on warm until ready to use.
There are so many fantastic ways to enjoy bold and delicious Bloody Mary Shredded Beef made in the crock pot! Use it to make:
- Chilis or soups
- Beef Tacos, burritos, nachos, enchiladas, or healthier burrito bowls
- Sandwiches, sliders, or wraps
- Pasta sauces
- Or serve over noodles or mashed potatoes
And you definitely want to make this recipe as part of your weekly meal prep plan for easy lunches and dinners!
Pro Tip: Pack the slow cooker pulled beef in a separate container, and combine it with any of the above ideas when ready to eat.
Frequently Asked Questions
What beef is good for pulled beef?
Boneless beef chuck roast is the best cut of beef for this recipe. Although tougher meat, it locks in lots of flavor, and becomes beautifully easy to shred after slow cooking for several hours.
Is Bloody Mary Crockpot Shredded Beef spicy?
There is a deep peppery taste to the meat from the Bloody Mary Mix. Yet the tomato and fattiness of the beef balance the flavors so it’s not too spicy.
How long does shredded beef last in the fridge?
Cool completely and store in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days in an airtight container.
Can you freeze pulled beef after cooking?
Absolutely! Once the meat is cool, transfer it to an airtight plastic zipper bag and keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I make shredded beef in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker?
You can pressure cook this recipe! Place all ingredients in a large electric pressure cooker, and set on Pressure Cook High for 30 minutes. Then perform a “natural release” for at least 20 minutes. Shred the beef and serve.
Looking for More Sensational Slow Cooker Recipes? Be Sure to Also Try:
- Slow Cooker Smoked Pulled Pork
- Best Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Brisket Sandwich Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Magic Bloody Mary Shredded Beef (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- Set out a large 6-8 quart slow cooker. Preheat to high heat.
- Cut the beef chuck roast into large 2 to 3-inch chunks and place them in the slow cooker. Then pour in the bottle of Bloody Mary mix, and add in the beef base.
- Cover and slow cook on high for 5 to 7 hours. Or cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Once the beef is fork-tender, use two forks to shred the beef into the juices. Remove any large chunks of fat if desired. Set the slow cooker on warm until ready to use.