Low Carb White Fish Pomodoro
Yield: 3-4 servings
Prep Time:3 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Low Carb White Fish Pomodoro Recipe. An easy paleo-friendly meal that tastes amazing! Serve as-is or with zucchini noodles.
- 3-4 skinless white fish fillets (grouper, cod, monkfish, halibut)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil. Salt and pepper the fish fillets on both sides. Once the oil is hot, sear the fish fillets until cooked through. For thin fillets like grouper, cook 2 minutes per side. For thicker fillets like cod, cook 4 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the garlic and shallots to the skillet. Saute for 2-3 minutes to soften. Then add in the crushed tomatoes and honey. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste, and salt and pepper as needed.
- Stir in the fresh basil and add the fish fillets back to the skillet. Simmer another 1-2 minutes to reheat the fish. Serve warm as-is or with a side of raw zucchini noodles.
NOTE: During tomato season, make this recipes with fresh tomatoes! Cut an X in the top of 10-12 fresh roma tomatoes. Blanch them in boiling water for 1 minute. Peel off the skins and chop the tomatoes. Then substitute the fresh chopped tomatoes for the can of crushed tomatoes.
Yield: 3-4 servings, Serving Size: 4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 240 Calories
- Total Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 645mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 26.7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2