Low Carb Tortillas Recipe (Keto Tortillas)
Low Carb Keto Tortilla Recipe – Ultra low carb tortillas you can make yourself using cauliflower and cheese! These tasty tortillas are sturdy enough to hold all your ketogenic taco toppings!
Low Carb Tortillas
Tacos are the perfect food, in my humble opinion.
Carbs, hot seasoned meat, cool veggie garnishes, and of course cheese and/or sour cream… What’s not to love?
Yet what if you can’t have grains in your diet, or are sticking with a low carb meal plan? Are tacos off limits??? (God forbid.)
Although we do not follow a strict keto or low carb diet, we have plenty of friends that do, so it’s always nice to know how to accommodate them when they come over.
I was recently playing around with grain-free tortilla recipes for my daughter Ava. Her tummy doesn’t handle grains well, however, she still craves carby hand-held foods like any teenager.
After testing several recipes that avoid all her food intolerances, I decided to try making tortillas with cauliflower.
Low Carb Tortilla Carbs
With the addition of cheese, eggs, and spices this Low Carb Keto Tortilla Recipe came together beautifully.
The cauliflower tortillas are flexible, yet quite sturdy. They taste utterly delicious. Yet best of all, they fit neatly into a low-carb ketogenic diet.
Our Low Carb Keto Tortilla Recipe makes warm tantalizing tortillas with the texture of corn tortillas.
They can crush any carb craving without breaking your diet!
We prefer this Low Carb Keto Tortilla Recipe fresh out of the oven, as they are the most flexible and flavorful within the first hour or two of baking.
(I find most cauliflower recipes are not great make-aheads.)
Cauliflower Keto Tortilla Ingredients
- Raw Cauliflower (about 1/2 a large head)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Large Eggs
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
How to Make these Tortillas
- Preheat your oven and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the roughly chopped cauliflower in the food processor and grind it until the cauliflower is the size of crumbs.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients in the food processor and puree until all the ingredients create a smooth texture.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out the dough on the baking sheets allowing enough room for you to roll out the tortillas.
- Cover the mounds you portioned out with wax paper and roll out the mounds into flat tortillas until they are about 4 to 4.5 inches in diameter.
- Remove the wax paper and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheets for three to five minutes before peeling off the parchment paper.
Get the Full (Printable) Recipe for Low Carb Tortilla Recipe (Keto Tortillas) Below!
Low Carb Keto Tortilla Recipe Tips
This is such a simple recipe. However, you will need a good quality food processor and rolling pin… Items I find some new cooks do not own. A blender, no matter powerful, cannot accomplish the same kind of grind.
Grind the cauliflower in the food processor until it looks like rice. Then pulse in all the other ingredients. This ensures an even mixture.
Use a scoop to portion out the “dough” onto a lined baking sheet. That way, all your tortillas are the same size and dimensions.
Then make sure to place wax paper over the dough before rolling it out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you shape and fry them like crispy taco shells?
I wouldn’t deep fry them. However, you could bake them into the shape you want… Either using a taco shell oven rack or by using foil as a rack to form the shells.
Would this work with defrosted cauliflower rice?
Yes, it will as long as you make sure that it is well-drained and patted dry before adding it into the food processor.
How long do they stay fresh?
These tortillas are usually best within the hour of making them and they do not do well frozen, so I do not recommend making them ahead of time.
More Keto Recipes
- Keto Thai Larb Rolls
- Keto Creole Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
- Low Carb Pepperoni Cups
- Best Cloud Bread
- Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole
- Low Carb Steak Fajita Roll-Ups
- Perfect Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
Low Carb Tortillas Recipe (Keto Tortillas)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and place it in the food processor. Pulse to grind the cauliflower into crumbs.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Puree until all the ingredients come together into a smooth texture.
- Use a 3-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the mixture onto the baking sheets, leaving plenty of room to roll them out.
- Cover the mounds with a piece of wax paper. Roll the mounds out into circles until they are about 4- to 4 1/2-inches across. Remove the wax paper.
- Bake the tortillas for 12 minutes, until golden. Cool on the baking sheets for 3-5 minutes before peeling off the parchment paper.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!