Bold and spicy Low Carb Green Curry Chicken Noodle Soup, a dazzling meal that fits into paleo and ketogenic diets.
We’ve been on a bit of a curry kick this fall.
Creamy Indian and Asian curries have graced our table more times than I can count in the last couple months. However, I also find that recently anytime I’m looking for a way to perk up bland recipes, I reach for my little jars of curry paste.
This habit has resulted in all sorts of curried side dishes, dressings, and protein marinades.
No complaints from the peanut gallery. Everyone in my family seems to be just as addicted to the vibrant herbs and spices of curry paste as I am.
Today’s Low Carb Green Curry Chicken Noodle Soup is one of the many curry creations we’ve discovered this fall.
It’s bright, spicy, and ultra comforting with veggies, shredded chicken, and noodles, all swimming in a light creamy curry broth.
However, Low Carb Green Curry Chicken Noodle Soup is also packed with protein and easy on the carbs and calories. It makes a satisfying dinner when you are trying to watch your carb intake.
The secret to this low carb chicken noodle soup is konnyaku noodles. Konnyaku noodles are made with Asian sweet potato starch and are gluten free and extremely low in carbs.
In fact, most brands of konnyaku noodles have only 1-4 grams of carbohydrates per serving. That means you can eat your pasta and squeeze into your skinny jeans!
You can find konnyaku noodles in “healthy” grocery chains, and in some major grocery stores.
To Make Low Carb Green Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
This is the easiest soup recipe ever… Just sauté onions, garlic, and ginger in a little coconut oil. Then stir in red bell peppers and carrots.
Place a couple chicken breasts in the pot, whole. Then pour in coconut milk, chicken broth, and fish sauce then add a few spoonfuls of green curry paste.
Simmer the broth until the chicken has cooked through. Then shred the chicken breasts and add them back to the broth.
Finally add in konnyaku noodles, broccoli florets, and fresh basil. That’s it!
Light, healthy, and packed with savory goodness! This Low Carb Green Curry Chicken Noodle Soup is a must-make this fall!
More of Our Favorite Healthy Chicken Soup Recipes
Low Carb Green Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Low Carb Green Curry Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe – A fabulous paleo (and ketogenic diet) chicken soup with with zesty exotic flavor and fragrant herbs!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 13.5 ounce can thick unsweetened coconut milk
- 3-6 tablespoons green curry paste
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 14 ounce konnyaku noodles
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh thai basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Place the oil in a large 6-8 quart sauce pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, sauté the onions, minced garlic, and ginger for 3 minutes to soften. Stir in the chopped bell pepper and carrots.
- Add the chicken breasts, coconut milk, 3 tablespoons green curry paste, chicken broth and fish sauce to the pot. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat back to medium, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the konnyaku noodles.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken breasts from the pot. Use a fork and the tongs to shred the chicken. Then place it back in the pot. Stir in the konnyaku noodles and the broccoli florets. Taste, then add 1-3 more tablespoons green curry paste if desired. Taste again, then salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve warm.
NOTES: Green curry paste varies greatly in spice level and sodium, based on the brand you buy. Start with a small amount of curry pasta and add more at the end. You can find green curry paste and fish sauce in the “international foods” section of most grocery stores.
Yield: 6-8 servings, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 272 Calories
- Total Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Sodium: 2068mg
- Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Protein: 27.4g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!