Fresh Lobster Tostadas Recipe with avocado slaw, sweet and tangy mango slices, pico di gallo, and queso fresco. This fresh and fabulous summer meal is just what you need on a warm summer evening.
Lobster… Is there any other word that instantaneously provides the same sense of opulence?
I think not.
Lobster is in its own category when it come to foods that make you feel like your sitting in the lap of luxury. It’s sweet and silky with the faint essence of the sea. A marvelous addition to any recipe from wood oven pizzas to rich pasta dishes. Lobster is always welcome.
Today we’re serving lobster piled high on crispy tostadas with spicy avocado slaw, fresh mango and avocado slices, pico di gallo, and queso fresco.
The key to making perfect Lobster Tostadas is to NOT overcook the lobster tails.
When cooking lobsters tails, I usually run a wooden skewer through the tail so that it doesn’t curl up while cooking. Then carefully drop it in boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes. I usually stop after 5 minutes, just to be safe. Yet if you have extra large lobster tails, cook a little longer.
Then cool the lobster tails in an ice bath and cut them open with strong kitchen sheers.
Chop the tails into large chunks.
Next up, make a creamy spicy avocado slaw by tossing shaved cabbage with a puree of avocado, mayo, rice vinegar, honey, and serrano peppers.
Use the avocado slaw as the base of the tostadas, then top with fresh sliced avocado and sweet mango.
Top the Lobster Tostadas with fresh pico di gallo and salty queso fresco.
Then give each tostada a little crown of lobster and stand back to take in the glory of what you have created.
Wait for it….
Lobster Tostadas: fresh, zesty, and delicately diverse. A masterful seafood fantasy you can experience for yourself.
Tonight, if you like.
Yield: 6 tostadas
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:7 minutes
Fresh Lobster Tostadas Recipe with avocado slaw, sweet and tangy mango slices, pico de gallo, and queso fresco.
For the Lobster Tostadas
- 2 lobster tails
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
For the Avocado Slaw
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil. Insert a wooden skewer through each lobster tail, lengthwise, to help them stay straight while cooking. Once the water is boiling, lower the lobster tails into the pot. Boil for 5-7 minutes, until the shells are red. Then remove with tongs and place in a large bowl of ice water to cool.
- Next make the avocado slaw: Peel the avocado and place half in the blender. Add the mayo, vinegar, honey, and serrano pepper. Puree until smooth. Pour the shredded cabbage in a large bowl. Then pour the avocado puree over the top. Toss and salt to taste.
- Once the lobsters are cool, use a pair of kitchen sheers to cut through the shells, Roughly chop the lobster meat.
- To assemble: Lay the tostada shells out flat and top with a spoonful of spicy avocado slaw. Then top with fresh mango and avocado slices, followed by pico di gallo and crumbled queso fresco. Place the chopped lobster pieces on top of each tostada and serve immediately.
Yield: 6 tostadas, Serving Size: 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 416 Calories
- Total Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Carbohydrates: 41.1g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Sugar: 13.8g
- Protein: 13.5g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
We’re having a full-tilt lobster extravaganza today. Not only should you make these mind-blowing lobster tostadas, you should try our Lobster Corndogs over on KitchenAid’s Kitchenthusiast Blog.
Both are supremely delightful!
Other Great Recipes
15 Popsicle Recipes and Frozen Treats Next Post
Mexican Breakfast Casserole with Hash Brown Top