Zesty, melty, spicy, good. Today’s Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños will start a riot at your next weekend gathering. You might want to make a double batch!
There are party snacks, and then there are party snacks.
Today’s Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños recipe is a guaranteed knock-out, gold star, slap-tastic, queen of the snack table kind of recipe.
The feverish response fresh peppers, chorizo, and 3 kinds of cheese can conjure up, is truly something to experience.
Remember my basic 3-Ingredient Mini Stuffed Pepper recipe from several months back?
Well, these little guys have received a sexy overhaul. Swapping the goat cheese for a combination of cream cheese and smoked cheddar offers an ultra creamy flavorful base to pile on crumbled chorizo and queso fresco.
The little pop of fresh green onion on top, along with the spicy sweetness of the roasted peppers, makes these Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños a force to reckon with.
As know you, jalapeños can be unpredictable. It’s possible to end up with a batch of mild peppers with almost no heat… Or to happen upon fire-hot peppers that are hard to enjoy.
I suggest making this recipe with a combination of fresh jalapeños and mini bell peppers (as seen in the images) so that everyone at your party can enjoy them, including the kids and weaklings.
To make these Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños simply cut the little peppers in half and remove the seeds. Then fill them with a blend of cream cheese, smoked cheddar and garlic powder. Press the tops with crumbled chorizo and roast in the oven for a few minutes, so the cheese can melt and the peppers can soften.
Then sprinkle on crumbled queso fresco and chopped green onions and enjoy!
Although Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños are best served warm while the cheese is hot and molten, they also taste great at room temperature, so don’t be afraid to make them for your next neighborhood potluck.
Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños
Yield: 12-16 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños piled with smoked cheddar, chorizo, queso fresco, and green onions. A fabulous party snack to serve with margaritas and guacamole!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh jalapeños (or a combination of jalapeños and mini bell peppers)
- 14-16 ounces mexican chorizo
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened (could be low fat)
- 2 cups shredded smoked cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 ounces crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chorizo until mostly cooked, and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Then move the chorizo to a paper towel lined bowl to drain.
- Cut the jalapeños lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the veins and seeds. Set them cut-side-up on the baking sheets. Then mix the cream cheese, smoked cheddar, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese filling into each jalapeno half. Press crumbled chorizo into the top of the cheese filling. Bake for 9-10 minutes until the filling has melted and the peppers are soft.
- While the jalapeños are still warm, sprinkle the tops with crumbled queso fresco and green onions. Serve warm.
Yield: 12-16 servings, Serving Size: 1 pepper
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 351 Calories
- Total Fat: 30.1g
- Saturated Fat: 14.1g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 761mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Protein: 14.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!