Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños
There are party snacks, and then there are party snacks.
Our Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños recipe is a guaranteed knock-out, gold star, slap-tastic, king of the snack table kind of recipe. These are party-starting snacks.
The feverish response fresh peppers, spicy and savory chorizo, and 3 kinds of cheese can conjure up, is truly something to experience.
I highly recommend making an extra-large batch of these bad boys, no matter how many guests you actually have. Even a casual night in with the family will feel like a house party when you serve a big plate of homemade jalapeño poppers!
Our Ultimate Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños Recipe
Remember my basic 3-Ingredient Mini Stuffed Pepper recipe from back in the day? Those little peppers are stuffed with herb-seasoned chevre for a perky spring or summer party treat.
Yet these little guys have received a sexy overhaul. Swapping the goat cheese for a combination of cream cheese and smoked cheddar offers an ultra-creamy and flavorful base that’s perfect for piling on crumbled chorizo and queso fresco.
When we say loaded we really mean Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños.
This jalapeño poppers recipe is perfect for enjoying on Cinco de Mayo, and adding a kick of spice throughout the entire patio weather party season!
What Ingredients You Need
As know you, jalapeños can be unpredictable. It’s possible to end up with a batch of mild peppers with almost no heat… Or to happen upon fire-hot peppers that are hard to enjoy.
I suggest making this stuffed jalapeños recipe with a combination of fresh jalapeños and sweet mini bell peppers (as seen in the images) so that everyone at your party can enjoy them, including the kids and weaklings.
Here’s everything you need to make these fiery and flavorful Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños:
- Fresh jalapeños and/or mini bell peppers
- Mexican chorizo
- Cream cheese
- Shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Chopped green onions
How to Make the Best Loaded Stuffed Jalapenos
1. Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F, and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chorizo until mostly cooked through, breaking apart into small pieces as it cooks. Transfer to a paper towel-lined bowl to drain, and set aside.
2. Next, prep the jalapeños and mini bell peppers by cutting lengthwise and scraping out the seeds with a spoon. Be careful with those jalapeño seeds!
3. In a bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, shredded smoked cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Into each pepper half, spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Press a healthy bit of the cooked crumbled chorizo into the top of each cheese-filled pepper so that it sticks.
4. Bake the loaded stuffed jalapeños for 9-10 minutes, until the filling has melted and the peppers are just slightly soft.
Once done, remove the peppers from oven and immediately top with a bit of the crumbled queso fresco and diced green onion.
Get the Complete (Printable) Loaded Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe Below. Enjoy!
The little pop of fresh green onion on top, along with the spicy sweetness of the roasted peppers and sausage, makes this jalapeño poppers recipe a force to reckon with.
Although Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños are best served warm while the cheese is hot and molten, they also taste great at room temperature, so don’t be afraid to make them for your next neighborhood potluck.
They can be refrigerated and enjoyed within 3 days of making, but be forewarned that reheating the peppers will make them soft. And I recommend leaving off the queso fresco crumbles and green onions until ready to serve.
Are Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños Gluten-Free and/or Keto?
Yes to both! This jalapeño poppers recipe contains no gluten and is low carb.
You can substitute pork chorizo for spicy ground chicken or turkey sausage to make a lighter version with less fat.
How Can I Make Vegetarian Stuffed Jalapeños?
Swap the chorizo with your favorite plant-based ground meat alternative for an easy vegetarian version.
Or, simply omit the sausage entirely and just load the baked peppers with EXTRA queso fresco and green onions.
Looking for More Flavorful Party Snacks?
- Drowned Carnitas Party Sandwiches
- Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Spicy Cheese Straws
- Chorizo and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Amazing Queso Blanco Recipe
Loaded Stuffed Jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chorizo until mostly cooked, and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Then move the chorizo to a paper towel lined bowl to drain.
- Cut the jalapeños lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the veins and seeds. Set them cut-side-up on the baking sheets. Then mix the cream cheese, smoked cheddar, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese filling into each jalapeño half. Press crumbled chorizo into the top of the cheese filling. Bake for 9-10 minutes until the filling has melted and the peppers are soft.
- While the jalapeños are still warm, sprinkle the tops with crumbled queso fresco and green onions. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!