Roasted Lemon Asparagus
Roasted Lemon Asparagus Recipe – We love this tangy-sweet roasted Asparagus with crispy panko on top. It’s a quick side dish with huge flavor! Plus, it takes just 6 ingredients, and 10 minutes to make.
Best Summer Vegetables
Today’s Lemon Butter Roasted Asparagus is a quick and easy recipe that pairs well with nearly any main dish.
Looking for simple summer side dishes? Or maybe ways to use your farmer’s market finds and garden goodies??
Tender roasted asparagus spears, with a pinch of seasoning, is always a welcomed dish in our house.
It tastes like heaven and is healthy to boot!
Roasted Asparagus Ingredients
- Asparagus – Wonderful green vegetable spears that spring up in the spring and summer months.
- Panko Bread Crumbs – Adds a little dimension and crunch on top of the asparagus. If you have dietary restrictions, you can also you gluten-free panko or keto “pork panko”.
- Melted Butter – To add rich flavor and allow the bread crumbs to attach.
- Lemon Juice – Brings in bright summer citrus flavor to the recipe.
- Garlic Clove – The holy grail of seasonings.
- Honey – Adds a bit of sweetness to offset the acidity in the lemon.
- Salt – A necessity.
- Ground Black Pepper – Ground pepper gives a deeper flavor profile.
How To Roast Asparagus
- Simply lay trimmed asparagus out on a baking sheet. Then whisk together lemon juice, melted butter, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the asparagus spears and shake the pan to coat the asparagus. Then sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the top for crunch.
- Roast the asparagus in a hot oven for a short amount of time. It’s important that you don’t overcook the asparagus… They should be crisp and green, not limp and wilted.
- Then enjoy the fresh zesty Lemon Butter Roasted Asparagus with barbecue, steaks, or chicken.
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Roasted Lemon Asparagus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you wash the asparagus before roasting?
Yes, it is very important to wash your produce before using it in recipes. To help with proper roasting, the asparagus should be dry. Therefore, use paper towels to thoroughly dry the asparagus before roasting.
What are the benefits of asparagus?
This vegetable is very low in calories and it is a wonderful source of nutrients. It is rich in fiber, vitamin A and C.
Should my asparagus be crunchy?
Yes, no, sort of… If your asparagus is still very crunchy, then you haven’t cooked it quite enough. If it is soft and limp, it is overcooked. If the asparagus is cooked perfectly, the texture becomes soft, but not limp. It’s slightly firm and able to stand up straight between your fingers.
Why is my roasted asparagus mushy?
Mushy asparagus is most likely caused by over-cooking the vegetable. The stalks will turn mushy when they are cooked too long. Be sure to cook the asparagus until it is just barely cooked through.
Serve Lemon Butter Roasted Asparagus With
- Miso Honey Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Maple Mustard Chicken Recipe
- Potato Chip Crusted Sea Bass Recipe
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Ranchero Sauce Recipe
- Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- Honey Butter Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Paleo Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs with Fajita Butter Recipes
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Cod Recipe
Roasted Lemon Asparagus Recipe
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the tough woody ends off the bottoms of the asparagus, and lay them out on the baking sheet. In a small bowl mix the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, honey, salt and pepper together and drizzle over the asparagus.
- Shake the pan to roll the asparagus in the seasoning. Then sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the top.
- Roast on the upper rack for 7-10 minutes. 7 minutes for baby asparagus, and longer for thick asparagus. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: Freezer to Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe - Freezer Meals 101
Love your authentication please keep the recipes coming Sugar. Stay safe 😘 and
Thanks again for your help and consideration.
Wear that mask 😷🍻🍻🥰🥰🥰🤠
Such a perfect side dish! Love that it is so easy to make!
This is so delicious and tasty! We had this last night on the side with our dinner! So yummy!
The entire family loved this side dish for dinner tonight! Thanks Sommer!
We’re fans of roasted asparagus over at our house too! I’m so happy about all the summer veggies!
oh yum!! What a perfect side dish!
Such a great way to prepare asparagus!
Love the added panko! Great summery side dish to make!!
I love asparagus and this recipe sounds deish!
Yum! These look super tasty! Never thought of adding the panko!