Kick off grill season by grilling amazing Lamb Burgers with Tabbouleh and Grilled Peppers.
There are few things in life more satisfying than a truly fantastic burger.
In fact, Lt. Dan and I often rate new restaurants on the state of their burgers. If they serve a superb classic burger, or a unique spin on a burger, we feel the restaurant has potential no matter what else comes out of the kitchen.
Now that grill season is upon us, there’s no reason to go out for burgers. We can make all sorts of marvelous burger variations at home!
And did you know lamb provides nearly five times the amount of the essential omega-3 fatty acids, as an equal serving of beef?
Not only is lamb a nutritious red meat option, it has a sumptuous meaty flavor that pairs well with all sorts of ethnic ingredients.
Like mediterranean ingredients, for instance.
Today we’re making Lamb Burgers with Tabbouleh and Grilled Peppers, topped with a spicy Jalapeno Mint Yogurt Sauce.
The combination of the cool spicy yogurt sauce, the chunky fresh tabbouleh, and the smoky-sweet peppers accentuate the juicy richness of the lamb burgers. The pop of flavor and textural bliss these Lamb Burgers with Tabbouleh and Grilled Peppers provide is outstanding.
Just remember… because lamb is so lean, it’s important to grill it carefully. I cooked these lamb burgers on an extremely consistent Weber Grill. Preheat the grill to medium for 15 minutes, so the grates are evenly heated. Then grill for only 3-4 minutes per side, to achieve a nice juicy medium to medium-rare pink center.
Don’t be afraid of pink lamb! As long as the interior temperature reads 160 degrees F, the lamb is safe to eat and ultra juicy.
Once the glistening lamb patties come off the grill, pile the buns high with yogurt sauce, sweet and smoky bell peppers….
A gorgeous dripping lamb patty…
And a heaping mound of fresh perky tabbouleh.
Then cover with the bun top and wrap both hands around that glorious lamb burger. Really good things are about to happen to your tastebuds.
In fact, I’ll bet these Lamb Burgers with Tabbouleh and Grilled Peppers will make it on your menu multiple times this grill season.
With mind-blowing flavor, mediterranean appeal, and healthy benefits, what have you got to lose?
Lamb Burgers with Tabbouleh and Grilled Peppers
Yield: 6 burgers
Prep Time:25 minutes (active time)
Cook Time:8 minutes
Amazingly juicy Lamb Burgers with Tabbouleh and Grilled Peppers, topped with spicy Jalapeno Mint Yogurt Sauce.
For the Lamb Burgers:
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 sesame seed hamburgers buns
- 2 bell peppers (yellow and red)
For the Tabbouleh:
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Jalapeno Mint Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 – 1 whole jalapeno pepper
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Start with the tabbouleh: Pour the bulgar wheat in a medium bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over the top. Stir and allow it to sit for at least 1 hour to soften. Meanwhile, chop all the veggies for the tabbouleh and slice the bell peppers into rounds.
- Next make the Jalapeno Mint Yogurt Sauce: Place the yogurt, jalapeno, and mint in the blender. Puree until smooth, then salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the ground lamb in a large bowl and add the sea salt and spices. Mix by hand to incorporate the spices. Then divide into six equal portions and press into patties. Form the patties just a little larger than the width of the hamburger buns, because they will shrink when cooking.
- Mix the herbs and veggies for the tabbouleh into the bulgar wheat. Toss with lemon juice and olive, then salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Once the grill is hot and the other components are ready, place the ground lamb patties and the bell pepper rings on the grill. Grill the lamb burgers for 3-4 minutes per side. Grill the bell peppers for 2 minutes per side.
- To serve: Spread the bottom of the bun with Jalapeno Mint Yogurt sauce. Top with a few slices of grilled bell pepper, followed by a hot lamb patty. Then spoon fresh tabbouleh over the lamb burger and cover with the bun top. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 burgers, Serving Size: 1 burger
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 625 Calories
- Total Fat: 20.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- Sodium: 993mg
- Carbohydrates: 54.2g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Sugar: 7.4g
- Protein: 51.7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Tri-Lamb Group. All lamb-loving opinions are my own.