King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Yield: 12-16 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Creamy King Ranch Chicken Casserole loaded with chicken, tortillas, cheese, and green chiles. This zesty King Ranch Casserole Recipe is packed with comfort.
- 5 cups chopped cooked chicken (use leftovers or a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounces jarred tomatillo salsa verde (mild or hot)
- 13.5 ounces chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups shredded mexican style cheese
- 20 white corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a skillet over medium heat and add the butter, onions and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- In a large bowl mix the sautéed onions and garlic, chopped chicken, sour cream, salsa verde, chopped green chiles, cilantro and cumin.
- Tear the tortillas into rough pieces. Spoon one-quarter of the chicken filling in the bottom of a 3 quart baking dish. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese. Then spread a single layer of torn tortillas over the top. Repeat 3 layers high, using up all the tortillas. Spread the last one-quarter chicken filling and 1 cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Wait at least 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm!
Yield: 12-16 servings, Serving Size: 16
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 318 Calories
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Sodium: 509mg
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 21.5g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2