Keto Creole Shrimp Stuffed Avocado, a healthy Ketogenic 6-ingredient dinner you can make in minutes!
Have you noticed all the ketogenic diet recipes circulating these days?
The theory is that you can actually eat fat (lots of fat) and burn even more fat, as long as you don’t mix in sugar and carbs. I have several friends following this type of diet plan and have lost significant weight.
However… Most of their meals are pretty boring.
Personally, we do not stick to any one diet, other than trying to eat clean homemade food (lacking chemicals and preservatives) as often as possible.
However, we do tend to read about and experiment with all the health trends that come down the pipeline. Every person is different, and our bodies respond differently to different types of foods.
You never know if something will help you meet your health goals, unless you try it. Right?
Light and lean doesn’t always mean low fat or unsatisfying. Along the same lines, ketogenic meals don’t have to consist of bland slabs of fatty meat.
Today’s Keto Creole Shrimp Stuffed Avocado recipe feels light and perky for summer, but fits neatly into the ketogenic diet… So you can feel light for summer.
How To Make Keto Creole Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
This simple recipe requires only 6 ingredients: avocados, shrimp, creole seasoning, olive oil, lime juice, and cilantro.
Simply pat the shrimp dry, so they don’t release a ton of liquid into the pan when they cook.
Then sauté the shrimp for 2-3 minutes with a little olive oil and creole or Old Bay seasoning.
Cut the avocados in half, and remove the pits. Then spoon the shrimp in the center of each avocado and sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro.
Use a spoon you scoop up soft creamy avocado and spicy shrimp together.
This fresh zesty dish tastes like summer, and won’t weigh you down!
However, if shrimp aren’t your thing, consider stuffing avocados with other ingredients.
How To Make (Other) Healthy Stuffed Avocados
Cut open ripe avocados. Remove the pits. Drizzle lime juice over the avocado flesh. And fill them with:
- Shredded Chicken and salsa
- Carne Asada
- Pork Carnitas
- Hawaiian Poke
- Spicy black beans and pico de gallo (not ketogenic, but still good for you)
- Roasted vegetables
Make sure to check out our other Keto, Paleo, and Low Carb Recipes!
Keto Creole Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning, gluten free
- 4 ripe hass avocados
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the oil in a large skillet and set over medium-hight heat. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Once the skillet is hot, add the shrimp to the pan and immediately sprinkle with creole seasoning.
- Toss and sauté the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, until they are pink, but have not seized up into tight O's. Turn off the heat.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pits. Then spoon the creole shrimp into the center of each avocado half. Drizzle lime juice over each avocado half. Then sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.