Zesty Jalapeno Corn Cakes with Avocado Salsa makes a wonderful hot-cold appetizer for fall gatherings.
Looking for a new go-to party snack for upcoming events?
Drum roll for Jalapeno Corn Cakes with Avocado Salsa. An appetizer you will make again and again!
Certain flavors just scream fall… Pumpkin, acorn squash, apples, caramel, maple, and corn.
Some people think of corn as a summer food, but to me, corn is for fall.
In my mind corn symbolizes harvest. It’s rustic, hearty, and slightly sweet, making it a perfect platform for all sorts of brighter flavors, like perky Avocado Salsa.
These Jalapeno Corn Cakes with Avocado Salsa are extremely versatile.
They make perfect little party bites, but could also be made as 4 inch cakes for a hearty side dish, a vegetarian meal, or the base of a savory south-west breakfast!
They taste great warm and at room temperature. The citrus in the avocado salsa does a fine job of keeping the avocado green throughout the course of the evening, so you don’t have to worry about letting it sit out.
Plus, the Jalapeno Corn Cakes can even be made a couple days before. Reheat before serving and whip up the fresh salsa.
I’ve been making Jalapeno Corn Cakes with Avocado Salsa for years, and even with all the new recipes floating through our kitchen, it still shows up each year to wow our friends and family.
Jalapeno Corn Cakes with Avocado Salsa
- 3 large ripe avocados, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 2 clove garlic mined
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the Corn Cakes: Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk well, then add everything else, reserving the butter for last. Stir until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet (or griddle) to medium-high heat. Brush the skillet with oil or butter. Using a tablespoon scoop, pour corn cake mixture in the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- While the jalapeno corn cakes are cooking, combine all the ingredients for the avocado salsa in a large bowl. Taste, then season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the corn cakes with a small scoop of salsa on top, or pile them on a platter with the salsa on the side. Make 50-60 corn cakes.