Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Meet our new addiction, Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese Dip. The perfect party snack for fall!
Here in the south, we take our cheese dip very seriously.
Whether it’s warm queso, creamy sausage and cheese dip, holiday cheese balls, or good ol’ pimento cheese, southerners know how to make cheesy scoop-able (and spreadable) dishes shine!
Of all the cheese-laden party snacks, we southerners place pimento cheese at the top of the list.
After all, it’s perky, easy to spread and dip, tastes great cold straight out of the refrigerator, and elevates sandwiches and burgers like nothing else.
Yet, have you ever tried hot pimento cheese?
If not, you are truly missing out.
Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese Dip is my favorite thing in the whole wide world… At least this week.
It’s bold and tangy, just like the cold version. Yet the cheese is steamy, molten, and oozy. In other words, absolutely perfect for dipping!
In this Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese Dip I used smoked fontina cheese, sharp cheddar, and pepper jack cheese to create the perfect balance of smoky essence and spicy heat.
However you can use any smoked cheese you like. Smoked gouda, cheddar, or provolone are great alternatives. Just make sure the cheeses you select are good melting cheeses.
To Make Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese Dip
Sauté onions and garlic in a little butter. Add cream cheese and let it melt into the onions. Add chopped pimentos, mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
Then turn off the heat and stir in the shredded cheese. Place the skillet in the oven so the shredded cheese melts and bubbles.
Once it’s hot and liquified, take the pimento cheese out of the oven and serve it with chips or crackers.
This Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese Dip is quick, easy to make, warm, gooey, and utterly addictive!
Set it in the middle of a crowd and watch it disappear.
Your fall parties are about to get a big southern flavor boost!
Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese Dip
- 1 teaspoon oil or butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces chopped pimentos, drained (1 jar)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Chopped scallion or cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a 12 inch oven-safe skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the oil, onions, and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the drained pimentos and the cream cheese.
- Stir and melt the cream cheese until smooth. Then stir in the mayonnaise, Worchestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Turn off the heat and mix in 4 cups shredded cheese. Smooth the mixture out and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped scallion and/or cilantro and serve with crackers or chips.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: Saturday Seven- Ultimate Party Dips - a southern discourse
Pingback: 42 Incredible Super Bowl Dips To Put In Your Face | All Of Beer
Pingback: Buffalo Cowboy Caviar - A Spicy Perspective
Pingback: 42 Incredible Super Bowl Dips To Put In Your Face - Natural Healing Power Of Herbs
Happy to say you just solved my problem ! Thank you so much ! Will do today for my guests !