Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers
Easy to make Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers with Hawaiian appeal! A fabulous main course any night of the week.
Time to dust off the grill and start charring with passion.
The last couple weeks here in the Blue Ridge Mountains have been so beautiful, it’s all hard to focus on anything other than the sunshine and the fresh spring breeze.
I find myself doing my “desk work” out on the screened-in porch and lingering longer than necessary during outside chores.
We’ve also been grilling with fervency. Smoky steaks, whole fish, chops, bone-in chicken, and skewers are in high demand.
This simple Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers recipe is a new favorite my family is crazy about right now.
They love the Hawaiian blend of chicken, tangy pineapple and sweet bell peppers, and of course the spicy sriracha glaze!
The glaze for the Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers starts by simmering pineapple juice, honey, sriracha, and garlic powder until it reduces by half into a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce, of sorts.
Once the chicken, pineapple, and peppers are laced onto wooden skewers, season them with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill.
Grill the skewers and brush with the sriracha glaze as you rotate them to cook on all sides, so they are thoroughly charred and coated in spice.
Be careful not to let the wooden skewers touch the hot grates, or they will burn up. Soaking them in water prior to grilling helps a great deal.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers are a quick and healthy dinner option that is packed with flavor and visual appeal.
I like to serve them with a big Mango and Napa Cabbage Salad and a side of rice. They also make great leftovers!
Looking for More Kebab Recipes?
Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Wooden skewers
- Place the wooden skewers in a baking dish filled with water to soak, so they don't disintegrate on the grill. Pour the pineapple juice, honey, Sriracha, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and simmer for approximately 25 minutes, to reduce.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken and fresh pineapple into 1-inch chunks. Then cut the bell peppers in half, remove the seeds, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Once the wooden skewers have soaked for at least 20 minutes, poke chicken chunks, pineapple and bell pepper pieces onto the skewers, leaving room to hold the skewers on the end. Salt and pepper liberally on all sides.
- Place the skewers on the grill for 2-3 minutes. Rotate, then brush with the sriracha glaze and grill another 2-3 minutes. Rotate once more, then brush with glaze again, and grill another 2-3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and serve warm!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!