Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Soup
We’re craving this cozy Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Soup, a bold Italian meal that is light on calories.
Our savory delicious, Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Soup will warm your belly with wholesome goodness.
No doubt, these tender morsels of chicken surrounded by delectable vegetables, and cute little pasta, bubbling in a rich tomato broth will satisfy your Cacciatore cravings.
Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Soup is based on our classic Italian favorite, Easy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe.
Made with a few more hearty vegetables, and a soup-base with the flavors of marinara sauce you can’t go wrong.
This quick and easy recipe makes one big Italian family sized pot of Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Soup. It’s great for a crowd, or for sharing with a friend in need of a hearty home made meal.
This is a one-pot meal that is always welcome in my house, and one you can serve more than once is even more welcome.
I like to brown the chicken in butter and olive oil in the soup pot first then add in the aromatics and build the soup on top of that.
The amount of liquid you need may vary a little depending on the type of pasta you use. Some pastas absorb more moisture than others.
Just add a bit more chicken stock or water to reach the soup consistency you like. This soup is very forgiving.
Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Soup is reminiscent in attributes to traditional great Italian dishes, that simmer for hours to develop their robust essence, yet this soup cooks for only half an hour.
It’s a wonderful quick meal any night of the week.
Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Soup is perfect topped with Parmesan cheese and chiffonade of fresh basil.
Serve it as a stand alone meal, or teamed up with a salad and bread sticks, or garlic bread. Any of your favorite side dishes will do.
Maybe even a little Tiramisu for dessert!
Looking for More Healthy Chicken Soup Recipes?
See all our chicken soup variations!
Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Soup
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms (cremini or button), sliced
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes, (2 cans) with garlic and herbs for added flavor
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup wine, white or red
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups small dried pasta
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot brown the chicken in oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, celery, and carrots. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, then and 1 cup of the stock simmering for 3 minutes.
- Add everything except the fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, and pasta. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta and half of the fresh basil. Simmer for 8-10 more minutes until the pasta is al dente. At this point add 1-2 cups water if needed. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and more fresh basil.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!