Fresh and Zesty Ham and Cheese Breakfast Panini – Toasted English Muffins topped with savory cream cheese spread, ham, melted cheese, sprouts, and avocado.
Breakfast is a meal that is often tiresome to me. Scrambled eggs, oatmeal, protein shakes, repeat. This summer I’ve been trying to think outside of the box in the breakfast department.
We’ve been experimenting with different breakfast sandwiches. Fresh and comforting varieties that keep you full and focused all morning, and offer a little intrigue!
You know, not every breakfast sandwich has to include eggs, bacon, or sausage.
My latest addiction, the Ham and Cheese Breakfast Panini is built on fluffy airy Thomas’ English Muffins with lots of nooks and crannies. I filled those lovely little caverns with a savory spread made with whole grain mustard and cream cheese.
Then I piled on sliced ham and muenster cheese.
The sandwiches are placed in a panini press so the english muffins toast, and the cheeses can melt over and under the ham. If you don’t have a panini press, you can pop the breakfast panini in a toaster oven (or regular oven) at the same time and temperature mentioned below in the recipe.
Once the Ham and Cheese Breakfast Panini’s come out of the panini press, quickly open them up while the cheese is hot, and top them with cool slices of fresh avocado and a pile of alfalfa sprouts.
Place the lid back on top and serve warm.
The warm oozing cream cheese spread, melted muenster, and hot ham are a fabulous contrast against the crispness of the fresh produce.
These ingredients are held perfectly in place by the crusty english muffin, making a Ham and Cheese Breakfast Panini a marvelous on-the-go breakfast to take with you to work… or off on your morning hike.
You can even wrap them cold and enjoy as-is, or warm in a microwave if needed.
I’m in love, guys. Using Thomas’ English Muffins for breakfast panini is an easy way I can get my whole family excited about breakfast again.
You’ve got to give these a try!
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Panini
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Panini – Toasted English Muffins topped with savory cream cheese spread, ham, melted cheese, and avocado.
- 1 package Thomas’ English Muffins
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 12 slices ham
- 6 slices muenster cheese
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- Preheat a panini press to 350 degrees F. Mix the cream cheese and whole grain mustard together in a bowl, until smooth.
- Cut the Thomas’ English muffins in half and spread the cream cheese on one or both sides. Lay a couple slices of ham on the bottom half of each english muffin, then top the ham with a slice of muenster cheese.
- Place the top english muffin on each sandwich, and place them in the panini press. Toast for 3-5 minutes, to heat the sandwich and melt the cheese.
- Open each sandwich, and add a few slices of avocado and a little pile of alfalfa sprouts. Place the tops back on and serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 601 Calories
- Total Fat: 40.8g
- Saturated Fat: 18.2g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 1253mg
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Protein: 24.8g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Other Great Recipes
20 Sensational Summer Cocktails Next Post
Watermelon Feta Salad with Golden Tomatoes and Tarragon