We’ve got some fun Halloween Fruit Skewers to share today, that are just as much fun to make as they are to eat!
We are gearing up for Halloween. Are you?
Aside from decorations, costumes, and candy assortment… the menu is always high on our priority list.
The kids always invest a significant amount of time trying to come up with ideas to make good food look creepy. And I always try to figure out how to sneak some healthy items into the vast array of junk food.
These Halloween Fruit Skewers are a compromise.
Using mostly fruits and a couple pieces of candy per pick, we made Halloween Fruit Skewers that are bright, sweet and fun for the kids to make.
Halloween Fruit Skewers require no real recipe. (Although I attached one below for you rule followers.)
- Simply buy fruit that is orange, green or purple, and that is small or can be cut into small pieces. Mandarin oranges, grapes, blackberries, kiwi, and canteloupe are good choices.
- Then buy mini marshmallows, and soft candy that can be pressed onto a skewer without breaking. Candy pumpkins, jelly candy, and chocolate covered fruit work pretty well.
- Then let the kids skewer away… with the understanding that there should be more fruit than candy on each skewer.
We found the candy pumpkins worked best as a stopper on the end of each skewer.
And we found that everyone was happy to eat more fruit with a little candy garnish here and there.
2 points for mom!
Halloween Fruit Skewers
- 4 Mandarin oranges
- 1 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups purple (black) grapes
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup candy pumpkins
- 1 cups chocolate covered dried fruit
- 40 wooden party picks
- Wash and dry the fruit. Place all the ingredients in bowls and lay out on the counter.
- Place a grape at the end of each skewer, followed by additional fruit and mini marshmallows. Top each skewer with a harder piece of candy.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!