An easy summer treat that packs a punch! Grilled Peaches and Ginger Ice Cream, a hot and cold experience that delights the senses.
Of all the parties we throw throughout the year, summer parties are my favorite.
The casual attitude of a backyard gathering, the use of fresh summer produce, the fruity beverages… What’s not to love?
Plus, you can do your cooking outdoors!
Making the most of the grill is a great way to keep your party low-maintenance.
When grilling for a party remember to:
- Stock up on the charcoal or propane.
- Prepare all your grill items and place them on a big tray before the guests arrive. That way, you can stand at the grill and chat, and won’t have to run in and out of the house all evening.
- Make sure to set up the bar and any children’s activities far away from the grill.
- Have a fire extinguisher on hand, just in case.
- If you are not grilling yourself, assign your most attentive friend to the grill.
- GRILL EVERYTHING! The grill is not just for meat anymore. Your green veggies, corn on the cob, bread, pizza, and potatoes taste great with a little smoky char… And don’t forget to GRILL YOUR DESSERT!
I love throwing sweets on the grill. Fresh cut fruit, pound cake, and hand pies are all grill-friendly treats that make an impact at a party.
This easy and elegant dessert of Grilled Peaches and Ginger Ice Cream is the perfect way to end a summer soiree.
As if fresh summer peaches weren’t a treat on their own, grilled peaches have an intense peachy flavor and caramelized face that makes them irresistible.
The best part about including grilled peaches in a dessert is that they take no time to prepare. Simply cut them in half, remove the pits, and place them on a hot grill, face-down. Grill 2-3 minutes per side and you’re done.
Homemade candied ginger ice cream is a brilliant pairing with sweet grilled peaches. It offers a rich creamy texture and a hint of spice. The little bits of crystallized ginger bring an unexpected pop to the classic peaches and cream.
I think Grilled Peaches and Ginger Ice Cream might just be my new favorite thing.
Make your ginger ice cream up to a week in advance and the day of the party, all you have to do is GRILL!
PAGE: 1 2