Grilled Chicken Rasta Pasta
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Grilled Chicken Rasta Pasta Recipe – A vibrant Jamaican style chicken pasta recipe with a creamy cheese base and lots of spice!
For the Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into long strips
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound rolled bucatini pasta (or penne)
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced (or 1-2 serrano peppers)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered chicken bouillon
- 2 cups Borden® Four Cheese Mexican Shreds
- 1 1/2 cups reserved pasta water
- Preheat the grill (or a grill pan) to medium heat. Mix the curry powder, salt, allspice, thyme, and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Rub the spice blend over the chicken, covering all sides. Once the grill is hot, grill the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Lay the onion wedges and peppers carefully across the grates and grill 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, fill a large deep sauté pan with water and place on the stovetop over high heat. Once boiling, add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta. Stir to separate the pasta, then cook according to package instructions, usually 6-8 minutes to al dente. When the pasta only has 1 minute left to cook, add in the green beans to blanche for the last minute. Drain the pasta and beans, reserving 1 1/2 cups salty pasta water. Rinse the pasta and beans in cold water and shake well.
- Once the chicken has cooled for at least 5 minutes, slice into strips. Then cut the chicken strips in smaller bite size pieces. Cut the grilled pepper strips in half to create shorter segments.
- Place the butter, minced garlic, and habanero in the large sauté pan. Sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Then add the heavy cream, chicken bouillon, pasta, green beans, 1 cup reserved pasta water, and Borden®Cheese Shreds. Stir to coat and melt the cheese. Mix in the grilled chicken, onions, and peppers. Continue to stir until the liquid and cheese form a creamy sauce. Stir in the remaining pasta water if the sauce is too thick. Serve warm.
NOTES: If you are sensitive to spice, start with half of a habanero pepper.
Yield: 6-8 servings, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 407 Calories
- Total Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- Carbohydrates: 36.7g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Protein: 33.6g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2
Fried Calamari Salad with Caperberries and Lemon Aioli Next Post
Warm Blueberry Sauce (Ice Cream Topping)