Light heathy Green Curry Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon, a unique main dish in minutes!
We often find ourselves scrambling to make dinner in the evenings.
You would think that owning a recipe blog would mean my weekly meal plan is always meticulously planned out and dinner is on the table by 6pm every night. Yet, life has a way of messing with a meal plan. Our good intentions regularly get altered by late business meetings, school events, and people dropping by.
Like you, I often find myself at the grocery store during rush-hour, swiping through the pages of our blog on my phone, looking for a quick yet intriguing meal to make in a hurry.
Salmon is one of my most common go-to ingredients for quickie dinners. It bakes in the oven in mere minutes, is an extremely versatile platform for all sorts of herbs and spices, and offers a rich luxurious flavor.
With salmon, no one in my family has to know I didn’t plan dinner ahead. *wink*
Today’s Green Curry Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon is an amazing dinner-in-a-pinch idea. I usually have all these ingredients in my freezer or pantry, so I don’t even have to rush by the store.
You simply lay a large salmon fillet out on a baking sheet. Whisk together a green curry paste, lime, and egg mixture to season the fish and act as glue. Then sprinkle the top with shredded coconut.
You can use sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut for the topping. Unsweetened coconut doesn’t brown as fast and makes this a slightly healthier recipe. However using sweetened coconut gives the salmon a much loved “coconut shrimp” quality.
Either way, the shredded coconut and green curry come together to create a lovely vibrant crust with a crispy texture.
Most importantly, make sure not to over-cook your salmon.
As with all salmon recipes, this Green Curry Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon bakes in a hurry. If you leave the salmon in the oven too long, it will dry out.
Cook the salmon only long enough for the thickest part to just barley cook through. That way, it has a soft buttery texture.
Looking for sides? Green Curry Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon pairs well with…
Green Curry Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon
- 1.5-2 lbs whole salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3-1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut, or sweetened
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the salmon fillet in the center of the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk one egg until well combined. Measure out 1 tablespoon of beaten egg and save the rest for later use.
- Add the curry paste, lime juice, and salt to the 1 tablespoon of beaten egg. Then brush the mixture over the top of the salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut in an even layer over the salmon. Bake for 7 minutes, then turn the heat up to broil to toast the coconut crust for 2-3 minutes. If using sweetened coconut, bake for 9-10 minutes, until the coconut is golden and the salmon is cooked through.
NOTE: Nutritional facts are calculated without salmon skin.
Irish Soda Bread with Cherries and Granola Top Next Post
Perfect Instant Pot Butter Chicken Curry