Grilled Greek Pizza, A light and healthy mediterranean style pizza cooked on the grill!
There are only a few things in life I love more than the smell of yeasty dough bubbling up while baking. The aroma floods my mind with countless memories, comforting and warm.
Memories of mom’s homemade bread from a live yeast starter. Memories of tender buttery yeast rolls, as soft as clouds. Memories of clumsily learning to make pizza from scratch as a newlywed.
We tend to associate dough with heavy calorie-laden meals. Yet today’s Grilled Greek Pizza is lean-and-mean with fresh raw veggies and just a sprinkling of feta cheese.
I love grilled pizza in any form, but Grilled Greek Pizza is at the top of my list this summer.
Loaded with creamy hummus, arugula, fresh garden tomatoes, briny olives, a touch of feta, and a drizzle of good olive oil, I’m going Greek any chance I get!
The foundation of any good grilled pizza is the dough. I make a simple dough, with just 6 ingredients: yeast, water, sugar, bread flour, olive oil and sea salt.
The most important thing to remember about making quality pizza dough is use good quality ingredients. Make sure your yeast hasn’t been sitting around too long, and use the best olive oil and sea salt you can get your hands on.
Although homemade pizza dough is amazing, if you’re in a hurry you can buy pizza dough in the freezer section, or sometimes the deli section of your grocery store.
Grill the pizza dough on hot grilling stones then load with hummus and fresh ingredients. Drizzle the top of the Grilled Greek Pizza with olive oil to bring out the flavors.
If you don’t have a grilling stone, you can use a baking stone or just throw the pizza dough right on the grill grates. It’s just a little harder to flip over when on the grates.
This easy Grilled Greek Pizza is loaded with fresh ingredients and cooks up in minutes. It’s a fabulous mid-week meal that can hold it’s own on the weekend.
Grilled Greek Pizza
Yield: 2 - 12 inch pizzas
Prep Time:30 minutes active time
Cook Time:6 minutes
Grilled Pizza layered with hummus, fresh veggies, olives and feta.
- 1 pound pizza dough, homemade recipe (or buy if in a hurry)
- 1 pound hummus, any variety
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 2/3 cup good pitted greek olives
- 2/3 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Drizzle of good olive oil
- Cut the dough in half. Then using a well-floured rolling pin, roll each piece of dough out into 12 inch circles. Place the dough circles on parchment paper. Lightly oil the tops and let them rest while the grill is heating.
- Preheat the grill to high. If you have a grilling/baking stone, place it on the grill. Meanwhile prepare the pizza toppings.
- One at a time, Flip the dough circles onto the grill stone or grates. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side, flipping carefully with a large spatula.
- One both pizza crusts are grilled, spread 8 ounce of hummus on each crust. Then top both with fresh arugula, tomatoes, olives, feta and drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve warm.
Yield: 2 - 12 inch pizzas, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 452 Calories
- Total Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 936mg
- Carbohydrates: 65.8g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Protein: 15.9g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Hawaii Bucket List: Things To Do On The Big Island Of Hawaii Next Post
Cheesy Enchilada Rice