The best Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches, we’ve ever made! Rich and zesty, yet low fat and packed with protein.
A good chicken salad recipe is one of those dishes every cook needs to have. It’s a creamy protein-packed southern classic the can be made to incorporate all sorts of flavors and spices.
Chicken salad comes in handy on so many occasions like…
- Prepping for lunchbox items for the week
- Using up leftover chicken
- Picnic basket packing
- Neighborhood potlucks
Just to name a few.
My family would always rather have a chicken salad sandwich than a sandwich made with deli meat or peanut butter.
However, sometimes chicken salad can be a little lackluster if the person preparing it is afraid to be creative. A chicken salad made of all chicken and mayo, is a shallow glimpse of what chicken salad truly can be.
Don’t be bland… More is more where chicken salad is concerned!
Today I’m sharing one of our favorite chicken salad variations, Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches made with wholesome eureka!® Organic Bread.
Lt. Dan would tell you this is the absolute best chicken salad in the whole wide world, because I used chopped grilled chicken, plain greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, and a whole lot of chunky greek ingredients to make the flavor pop!
Using low fat (or nonfat) plain greek yogurt lightens the chicken salad, while adding additional protein and tangy appeal.
The greek flavor boosting add-ins?
I threw in chopped cucumbers, grapes, lemon zest, fresh dill, parsley, scallions, garlic, and capers. All these ingredients come together to give these Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches intense contrast and texture.
See? Healthy doesn’t have to be boring!
Pile the greek chicken salad onto soft seedy eureka!® Organic Bread, with a sprinkling of sprouts, and you have something truly special. This is not your average chicken salad sandwich.
I used eureka!® Organic Saaa-Wheat because of it’s slightly sweet wheaty essence. It’s a healthy bread with a rich nutty taste that paired perfectly with the perky flavors in the Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
There are lots of reasons to choose eureka!® Organic Bread. It’s certified USDA organic, and certified vegan, includes no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, and is made with sustainable packaging.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of eureka! Organic Bread. The opinions and text are all mine.
Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Yield: 10+ servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
The Best Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches Ever! Rich and zesty, yet low fat and packed with protein. This chicken salad recipe is so delicious!
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken (use leftover grilled chicken or a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups halved red grapes
- 1 cup low fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Loaf eureka!® Organic Saaa-Wheat Bread
- 4 ounces alfalfa sprouts
- Chop all ingredients in preparation. Place the chopped chicken, cucumber, grapes, yogurt, scallions, capers, dill, parsley, honey, garlic, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper over the chicken salad and mix well. Taste, then add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Scoop the chicken salad onto slices of eureka!® Organic Saaa-Wheat Bread. Top with alfalfa sprouts and another slice of bread.
Yield: 10+ servings, Serving Size: 10
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 392 Calories
- Total Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 463mg
- Carbohydrates: 54.1g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Sugar: 18.2g
- Protein: 29.6g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!