This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
It’s Weekend Cocktail Time! Time to shake it up and get on with your weekend. We’ve got another quick cocktail from Erin Hawley called the Grapefruit Sparkler. This bright bubbly beverage is perfect for all your holiday celebrations this year.
The Grapefruit Sparkler makes for a great holiday party drink.
The grapefruit cordial provides a bright, zingy flavor, but also a nice bitterness from the oils in the skin. It pairs perfectly with bubbly.
- 1 1/2 ounces London dry style gin
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit cordial see recipe below
- 5 or 6 fresh mint leaves
- Prosecco or another sparkling wine
To make Grapefruit Cordial:
- Place one cup of granulated sugar in a bowl. Zest 2 grapefruits with a mircroplane over sugar. Stir so that the zest and sugar are fully incorporated and let sit for at least an hour (up to overnight). Juice the two grapefruits that were used before and stir into the sugar/zest mixture. The sugar should dissolve fairly easily. Strain out any solids and bottle.
To make the Grapefruit Sparkler:
- Shake the gin, cordial, and mint leaves together vigorously over ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and top with sparkling wine.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!