Frozen Lemonade With Pineapple
Frozen Lemonade Recipe with Pineapple – This tropical frosty lemonade variation is a perfect 5-ingredient summertime treat! Serve as-is or booze it up!
Sweet, Tart and Frozen!
5-ingredient Frozen Lemonade with Pineapple, a frosty tropical treat for summer.
What is more refreshing than a tall ice-cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade on a steamy hot summer day? The only thing I can think of is Frozen Pineapple Lemonade.
This amazing sippable sensation may become your summertime go-to for an icy cold refreshment.
The recipe requires only three ingredients, plus ice and water, to make a simple delicious thirst quencher.
Start with frozen pineapple. I usually cut up a fresh one and throw it in the freezer ahead of time. I like to buy pineapples when they are on sale and keep them on hand, peeled, chopped, and frozen for such an occasion.
If you are short on time you can buy packaged frozen pineapple chunks for your convenience.
All Things Blended
Let’s talk about lemons. Real, fresh, whole lemons can’t be beat. Don’t try to substitute a quick pre-squeezed juice. It doesn’t offer the same fresh flavor. Plus, you need the zest as well. *wink*
The sweet addition, granulated sugar, is simple but if you are avoiding sugar there are other options. Agave nectar, maple syrup, honey, stevia, or Turbinado sugar just to name a few.
I do not recommend artificial sweeteners, ever. The pineapple is sweet naturally so you won’t need much to sweeten this treat anyway.
Frozen Lemonade Thickness
Add the H2O in two states of matter, liquid and solid.
How much of each determines the consistency of your Frozen Pineapple Lemonade. If you wish to drink your Frozen Lemonade and love using fancy straws, add more liquid H2O than solid.
If you would like your Pineapple Lemonade so firm you have to eat it with a spoon, adding more ice than water is the key.
Begin with a ratio of 1:1 and adjust from there. If you have a powerful ice crushing blender this will be a cinch. If you question whether your blender can hold up to the crushing, just use more water than ice and pop it in the freezer until you accomplish the desired thickness.
Frozen Lemonade Ingredients
- Frozen Pineapple Chunks – Blending in frozen pineapple chunks helps to make this drink thicker while also bringing in that amazing pineapple flavor!
- Fresh Lemon Juice – About five lemons worth. This is also the base for making this beverage a lemonade drink! (Using fresh lemon juice makes all the difference when it comes to the flavor of this frozen lemonade.)
- Granulated Sugar – Or equivalent alternative sweetener – This is going to help create the sweetness and reduce the acidity that the lemon and pineapple can have.
- Cold Water – This helps to blend all the ingredients, a little better, as well as to make it into a drinkable thickness.
- Ice – Final touch to making this an actual frozen drink!
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Frozen Pineapple Lemonade.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make this drink thinner?
If you want to make this frozen lemonade thinner, add more cold water than ice. It will come out thin enough to be able to be sucked up through a straw!
How to make this drink thicker?
If you want your frozen lemonade to be thicker, add more ice than water. If you are concerned it will give it a watered-down taste, you can also add more frozen pineapple chunks as well to bring in more fruit flavor.
Other Summer Recipes:
- Sweet and Sour Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Hawaiian Tuna Burger with Grilled Pineapple Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Fudge Recipe
- Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Lemonade Cake Recipe
- Frozen Coconut Mojito Recipe
- Strawberry-Colada Jello Poke Cake Recipe
Pull up a lawn chair, kick off your flip-flops, and chill your cares away with a frosty glass of Frozen Pineapple Lemonade!
Frozen Lemonade with Pineapple
- 6 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or equivalent alternative sweetener
- 2-4 cups cold water
- 2-4 cups ice
- Zest 2 lemons. Then juice about 5 lemons to obtain 3/4 of a cup of fresh juice.
- Blend the lemon juice, lemon zest, sweetener of choice, and 2 cups water in the blender until thoroughly combined.
- Add frozen pineapple chunks in small increments, blending well between additions.
- Blend in 2 cups of ice. Taste and add more ice or water to reach your desired thickness. Serve immediately.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!