Frozen Hot Chocolate
Yield: 4 servings
Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe – A cool creamy blend of sweet chocolate and milk, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups ice
- Possible garnishes: whipped cream, chocolate sauce, hot fudge, shaved chocolate curls, chopped nuts, caramel sauce, sprinkles
- Place the chocolate, sugar, cocoa powder, instant coffee granules, and 1 cup milk in a small sauce pot. Warm over medium heat and stir until the chocolate has melted into the milk. Once smooth, remove from heat. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a blender. Add the remaining milk to the blender, along with the vanilla extract and ice. Cover and blend until very smooth.
- Pour into glasses and add whipped cream and garnishes if desired!
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 317 Calories
- Total Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated Fat: 9.8g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 84mg
- Carbohydrates: 40.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sugar: 37.3g
- Protein: 7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2