Frozen Beeritas Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Frothy Frozen Beeritas Recipe, Margaritas with a punch of Mexican beer!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Can’t decide between beer or margaritas this weekend? That’s ok. You don’t have to! Our Frozen Beeritas Recipe is a perfect tangy beverage with crisp beer essence.
The first time I experienced a Beerita was on vacation in Florida, years ago. I was trying to decide on a cocktail when a waitress at a popular restaurant asked, “Have you ever had a margarita with beer in it?”
She was so excited about the concept, I thought I better give it a try.
Needless to say, beer in a margarita is definitely a good thing.
Think about it… You often squeeze a lime wedge into a Mexican beer. Why not take it a step further?
A little lime, a little beer, a little tequila, a little orange liqueur, ice, and BAM. You’ve got a Frozen Beeritas Recipe that makes a long hard day seem like a blink in time.
Ready to make a batch?
You can prepare your Frozen Beeritas Recipe two ways.
One, puree the margaritas in the blender and serve them with an itty bitty Coronita (baby Corona) on the side. You can add cold beer as you sip down the Beerita. This way, the beverage is margarita-heavy on the front, and beer-heavy as your glass empties.
Plus, it’s fun to keep adding little splashes of Coronita every few minutes!
The second option is to add the beer and extra ice to the blender, so you have a fully mixed batch of this Frozen Beeritas Recipe. It’s less interactive, but ensures a smooth beverage from top to bottom.
Personally, I like adding the Coronita myself.
Frozen Beeritas Recipe are festive, refreshing, and easy to make. Why not make a batch tonight!
Love the porcelain enameled tumblers?
Find them in various sizes and colors on BarnLightElectric.com.
Frozen Beeritas Recipe
- 3 ounces tequila blanco
- 1.5 ounces Triple Sec (orange liqueur)
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 14 ounces Mexican beer, such as two 7-ounce Coronitas or one 12-ounce can any Mexican beer
- 3-4 cups ice
- Pour the tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange juice in a blender. Add 3 cups of ice. Puree until smooth and frothy. Pour the margaritas into two large tumblers and serve with a Coronita on the side. Each person can add beer to their Margarita as they sip it down.
Mixed Batch Method:
- Pour the tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, simple syrup, orange juice, and a 12 ounce beer into a blender. Add 4 cups of ice. Puree until smooth and frothy. Pour into glasses and serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!