Flavored Sugar Recipes
Yield: 1 cup each
Prep Time:2 minutes
- Vanilla Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1 vanilla bean.
- Coffee Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon crushed instant coffee granules. (Press the instant coffee granules into powder before mixing.)
- Chile Lime Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1/4 teapsoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon chile powder, 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest.
- Orange Vanilla Bourbon Sugar: 1 cup large grain sugar + 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla bean powder, 1/2 teaspoon bourbon. Shake thoroughly to combine, then dry without lid and shake again to break up.
- Lavender or Rosebud Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon dried culinary flower buds.
- Sriracha Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce Shake thoroughly to combine, then dry without lid and shake again to break up.
NOTES: You can use any type of sugar you like: granulated, raw, palm sugar, date sugar, turbinado sugar, yet the course varieties work best with wet ingredients.
When adding wet ingredients, shake thoroughly to mix, then air dry and shake again to break up any clumps before jarring.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2