Easy Vegan Stir Fry Sauce (with Noodles)
Homemade Vegan Stir Fry Sauce – This quick and easy Asian-inspired sauce pairs perfectly with noodles, veggies, and your preferred protein (like tofu). It’s amazingly flavorful and just so happens to be entirely plant-based!
Easy Vegan Stir Fry Sauce
We love quick dinners that are easy to make in 30 minutes or less on a busy weeknight. But just because a dish took barely any time or effort doesn’t mean it shouldn’t taste amazing!
That’s why stir-frying is one of our favorite cooking methods: Ingredients are cooked super fast in a screaming-hot pan, either with oil or a complex sauce. The result is an impressively quick, healthy(ish), and delicious dish with bright flavors literally seared into the ingredients.
Today we’re sharing a foolproof recipe for one of our favorite sauces to include in any quick stir fry dish. This Vegan Stir Fry Sauce is an all-purpose Asian-inspired sauce you can use with any combination of veggies, tofu, and protein. And it pairs perfectly with noodles or steamed rice!
Ingredients You Need
Unlike many traditional sauces used in stir fry dishes, this vegan version does not include any oyster or fish sauce. Instead, it uses soy sauce and a few key aromatics to create a bold, tangy flavor.
For the Homemade Vegan Stir Fry Sauce:
- Soy sauce – low sodium
- Water – as a based
- Agave syrup – to lightly sweeten the sauce
- Garlic – minced
- Ginger – grated
- Cornstarch – or arrowroot powder, as a thickener
- Sesame oil – or other tasteless cooking oil
- Sriracha – or preferred hot sauce
- Vegetable base – you can also use bouillon
- Rice vinegar – or sub with apple cider vinegar
To make the Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles:
- Chopped vegetables – I used bell pepper, carrots, onion, snap peas, and broccoli
- Pasta noodles – I used spaghetti
How to Make the Easy Stir Fry Sauce
Truly, this no-cook sauce “recipe” could not be any easier. You’re going to want to keep this in stock at all times in your fridge!
Set out a clean pint jar or another container with a tight-fitting lid. Add all the ingredients for the stir fry sauce to the jar.
Screw the lid on tight and shake vigorously. And you’re done!
It might look a bit thin now, but when it’s cooked it will quickly thicken up in the heat.
Refrigerate the sauce for up to 5 days, or use immediately to make vegetable stir fry noodles.
How to Make Stir-Fried Veggies with Vegan Sauce
Now you’re ready to make the vegetable stir fry noodles with homemade sauce! First set a large pot of water over high heat. Once boiling, cook the noodles according to the package instructions and drain. Set aside.
Meanwhile, set a large wok, cast-iron skillet, or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Chop the washed and dried veggies while the pan heats up.
Add the firmest vegetables first to the hot pan, and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Pro Tip: You may need to add 1 teaspoon oil, depending on what type of pan you use.
Once the firm vegetables have seared a bit, then add the softer veggies and stir fry another 1-2 minutes.
Stir in the sauce. Use the whole jar, or use only half if you do not plan to add pasta.
Get the Complete (Printable) Vegan Stir Fry Sauce Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
Cook the vegetables in the sauce for 1-2 minutes, until the stir fry sauce starts to thicken.
Then stir in the drained noodles. Once well coated, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can include nearly any vegetables you like, so long as they can stand up to high heat. Veggies like baby corn, mushrooms, zucchini, and cabbage or baby bok choy are all great options.
Keep it a vegan dish by adding pressed and chopped firm tofu and/or edamame. You can also add animal protein such as chopped chicken or beef if you like.
Substitute soy sauce with coconut aminos, replace the cornstarch with arrowroot powder, and swap rice vinegar with apple cider vinegar for a delicious homemade stir fry sauce that is GFx2 … Gluten-free and grain-free!
Also, be sure to select diet-specific noodles!
This is one of those classic dishes that tastes even better the next day. Store cooled leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Looking for More Easy Plant-Based Dinner Recipes?
- Panang Curry Recipe with Crispy Tofu
- Spicy Vegan Ramen
- Crockpot Chickpea Curry
- Homemade Lo Mein Recipe with Vegetables
- Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup
Easy Vegan Stir Fry Sauce (with Noodles) + VIDEO
For the Vegan Stir Fry Sauce –
- ¾ cup low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup or brown sugar
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable base or bouillon
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
For the Vegan Stir Fry Noodles –
- 5 cups chopped vegetables I used 1 cup each bell pepper, carrots, onions, snap peas, broccoli.
- 1 pound pasta noodles I used spaghetti.
- For the Easy Stir Fry Sauce: Set out a clean pint jar. Add all the ingredients for the stir fry sauce to the jar.
- Screw the lid on tight and shake vigorously. Refrigerate for up to 5 days, or use immediately.
- For the Vegan Stir Fry Noodles: Set a large pot of water over high heat. Once boiling, cook the pasta according to the package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, set a large wok (cast iron skillet or sauté pan) over medium-high heat. Add the firmest vegetables first and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. (You may need to add 1 teaspoon oil, depending on what type of pan you use.) Then add the softer veggies and stir fry another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce. Use the whole jar, or use only half if you do not plan to add pasta. Stir the vegetables into the sauce for 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Then stir in the drained noodles. Once well coated, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: Easy Vegan Stir Fry Sauce (with Noodles) - A Spicy Perspective - Newz Ai
Pingback: Easy Vegan Stir Fry Sauce (with Noodles) - A Spicy Perspective - Latestfy
Pingback: Easy Vegan Stir Fry Sauce (with Noodles) - A Spicy Perspective - 4Friends Data Demo
This was such a great sauce that does not disappoint! Quick, easy and delicious; a perfect sauce to have on hand for so many uses!
You know it’s good with these ingredients! It adds so much flavor to stir frys or anything else that you’d want to pour it on! Keeping this stocked in the fridge!
This sauce doesn’t taste vegan at all, if you didn’t tell others that it was vegan, they wouldn’t know!