Easy Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Bold and spicy Easy Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta, an easy pressure cooker dinner you can make in minutes!
I caved… After months, no, at least a couple of years of resisting the Instant Pot, I finally broke down and bought one.
For the longest time, I told myself the last thing I needed was another countertop appliance. After all, we own several slow cookers, a multi-cooker, and every other kitchen gadget imaginable.
How great could the Instant Pot be?!
Well, if like me, you have been on the fence about getting an Instant Pot, I’m here to tell you I only wish I had bought one sooner.
It is so fast and efficient, it makes one-pot cooking even more appealing.
Today’s Easy Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is our first recipe designed specifically for the Instant Pot. For those without, I’ve provided traditional stovetop instruction as well.
How many Instant Pot recipes are we going to create? Well, that depends entirely on you. If you are an Instant Pot fangirl (or boy) and want more recipes like this pressure cooker shrimp pasta, please let us know in the comments below.
For the time being, let’s talk about this Easy Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta.
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
You may have heard of, or better yet tried, Bang Bang Shrimp from the popular seafood restaurant Bonefish Grill. Although we don’t visit Bonefish often, the few times I have been I can’t get over their signature appetizer of deep-fried shrimp coated in a spicy mayo and sweet chili sauce.
We’ve played with ways to make Bang Bang Shrimp at home, along with lighter variations that don’t require batter and fry oil.
However, my favorite Bang Bang spin-off is turning it into a quick Instant Pot seafood pasta dish. That way, you get the comfort of noodles with the spicy sweet wow factor of the Asian spiced shrimp!
Since my recent Instant Pot purchase, I’ve been IPing many new recipes in it, in order to see how it affects cook time, taste, and texture.
What a shock to discover pasta is perfectly pressure cooked in 4 minutes in the Instant Pot! Preparing pasta this way removes several steps, like draining off hot boiling water, so you don’t waste time and energy in the kitchen. This also reduces pasta safety hazards.
Plus, Easy Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta tastes amazing.
It’s the perfect way to create a little excitement at the dinner table on a cold winter’s night!
What Ingredients You Will Need
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise – I used light mayo
- 3/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce, more as needed
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Salt and black pepper
How To Make This Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Break the spaghetti noodles in half and place in the Instant Pot. Add the garlic, coconut oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and water. Cover and lock the lid into place.
Set the Instant Pot on “Pressure Cook High” for 4 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, turn the Instant Pot “Off”, then press the button to “Quick Release” the steam, until the valve button drops.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha together.
Unlock the lid and stir the sauce mixture into the pasta. Let the sauce simmer and thicken 2-3 minutes if needed. Pour in the shrimp and scallions, then mix to combine. Set the Instant Pot on “Sauté” and cook for 2-3 minutes, toss and simmer until the shrimp are pink. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Add more Sriracha if desired as a garnish and for deeper flavor. Serve warm.
Check out the Printable Recipe Card below for this Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta Recipe. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do leftovers last?
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
I can make multiple batches and place them in the freezer?
Yes, you can make more than one batch and store the extra in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 months.
Can I make this bang bang shrimp recipe on the stove?
Yes, you can! Boil the pasta as directed on the package and drain in a colander, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Place the coconut oil, garlic, bang bang sauce (step 2,) and shrimp in the empty pot. Set over medium heat. Pour the pasta into the sauce and toss to coat. Cook until the shrimp are pink. If needed, add some of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce.
More Amazing Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Perfect Instant Pot Carnitas
- Instant Pot Chinese Sesame Chicken
- Pasta with Vodka Sauce
- IP Keto Crustless Quiche
- Pressure Cooker Applesauce
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo Pasta
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef Irish Stew
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Pressure Cooker Cheesy Corned Beef Cabbage Irish Stew
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken – Diethood
- Pressure Cooker BBQ Bacon Meatloaf – Pressure Cooker Today
- Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos by Simply Recipes
Check the printable recipe card below for the prep time, total time, and nutrition facts including calories, carbohydrates, protein, and sodium percentages.
Easy Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and place in the Instant Pot. Add the garlic, coconut oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and water. Cover and lock the lid into place.
- Set the Instant Pot on “Pressure Cook High” for 4 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, turn the Instant Pot “Off”, then press the button to “Quick Release” the steam, until the valve button drops.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha together.
- Unlock the lid and stir the sauce into the pasta. Let the sauce simmer and thicken 2-3 minutes if needed. Pour in the shrimp and scallions, then mix to combine. Set the Instant Pot on "Sauté" and cook for 2-3 minutes, toss and simmer until the shrimp are pink. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Add more Sriracha if desired. Serve warm.