We’re serving up ultra fluffy Easy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Syrup just in time for Easter brunch!
Raise your hand if you are a carrot cake lover!
If you do not enjoy a moist chunky slice of carrot cake, I firmly believe you haven’t had good carrot cake… Ahem, maybe you should try my recipe.
Yet if you are craving carrot cake, and consider it an integral part of spring, today’s recipe is just for you. Carrot cake haters, beware, this “quickie” carrot cake recipe might just convert you.
Lt. Dan and I love to go on breakfast dates. Once the kids are safely dropped off at school, we head to a favorite breakfast spot and catch up on life over pancakes and mimosas.
Usually we order one savory dish and one sweet breakfast item, sharing both, so we don’t overdose on sugar. Dan considers himself a french toast and pancakes connoisseur, so he selects the sweet breakfast.
I love all the fun and unique pancake variations our local diners provide. Have you noticed this trend where you live?
Purple sweet potato pancakes, espresso pancakes, fresh peach pancakes, zucchini pancakes, whiskey pancakes, and more. It seems like every time we stop for breakfast there is a new variety to enjoy.
However easy carrot cake pancakes, have to be my personal favorite. So much so, that after tasting them at the local restaurant, I recreated their recipe at home, with a few tweaks.
Why You Should Make Easy Carrot Cake Pancakes
These glorious fluffy Easy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Syrup are moist and decadent with lots of chunky goodness.
Making the batter with fresh shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, and coconut provides the texture and contrast found in a quality carrot cake. Then pour a sweet creamy syrup over the top to emulate cream cheese frosting!
Our Easy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Syrup can be cooked in a hurry. In fact, you make the special syrup with only two ingredients, cream cheese and pure maple syrup, pureed in the blender.
However, these carrot pancakes are not just quick to prepare, they can also be adjusted to make healthy vegan carrot cake pancakes, and gluten free carrot pancakes as well!
Easy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Syrup
Easy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Syrup - This fluffy and tender carrot pancake recipe is a marvelous Easter breakfast, with healthy adaptations for gluten-free and vegan diets!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or substitute gluten-free baking mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 cups freshly shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or coconut oil) + extra for griddle
- 1 extra-large egg, or 1/4 cup vegan egg substitute
- 6 ounces cream cheese, or vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat a griddle (or a large non-stick skillet) to medium heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well.
- Add the crushed pineapple and juices, shredded carrots, shredded coconut, butter, and egg. Mix well until smooth and thick.
- Let the batter rest while you make the cream cheese maple syrup. Place the cream cheese and maple syrup in the blender. Puree until smooth.
Butter (or oil) the griddle. Use a 1/4-cup scoop to portion the batter onto the griddle, leaving plenty of space between each portion. Use the bottom of the scoop to spread the batter into 4-inch circles. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the top. Then flip the pancakes and cook another 2-3 minutes, until fluffy in the center.
- Re-butter the griddle and repeat with remaining batter. Once all the pancakes are cooked, stack them on plates and drizzle with cream cheese maple syrup.
Other Great Recipes
Easter Bunny Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Spoons Next Post
Avocado Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Pomegranate