Healthy Crunchy Kale Caesar Salad Recipe, with homemade croutons and zesty Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Caesar Dressing!
There’s a reason why caesar salad is on the majority of U.S. restaurant menus from coast to coast… Americans love caesar salad.
We love the crunch of the cool crisp romaine lettuce.
We love the silky zesty caesar dressing.
We love the parmesan cheese.
And above all, we love the crunchy buttery croutons.
In our minds, caesar salad is a compromise between eating a boring bowl of vegetables for it’s health benefits, and ordering decadent comfort food.
With caesar salad, you get both rich enticing flavor and a bit of carbs, along with a generous portion of greens. That’s a win-win in my book!
As summer produce is bursting from the garden beds, I thought I’d share a caesar salad variation with you today that my family loves… our Crunchy Kale Caesar Salad Recipe.
Don’t get me wrong, I love romaine lettuce just as much as the next salad eater. Yet who’s to say you have to stick with the same green all the time? Kale provides bold color and texture, along with a whole lot more vitamins and minerals.
Plus kale tastes great in caesar salad!
This Crunchy Kale Caesar Salad Recipe offers huge textural appeal from fresh chopped kale, garden ripened radishes, and toasted pine nuts. The extra crunchy bits are an intriguing addition to each forkful.
Yet no caesar salad would be complete without fresh shaved parmesan cheese, irresistible homemade croutons, and of course, cool creamy caesar dressing.
I’m a fan of Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Caesar Dressing, found in the refrigerated section at the grocery store, because it’s quick, handy, and the closest thing to homemade caesar salad dressing I’ve ever tasted.
With only a few simple ingredients and no preservatives or artificial flavors, Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Caesar Dressing allows its ingredients’ natural goodness to shine through.
Our Crunchy Kale Caesar Salad Recipe is a reminder that eating healthy is a choice. Yet it’s often a compromise that can be tasty and inviting.
By dressing kale with just a few simple ingredients you know and love, including Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Caesar Dressing, you’ll be able to get even the pickiest salad eaters to indulge in their greens this summer!
Want to know more about Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Salad Dressings?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand. The opinions and text are all mine.
Crunchy Kale Caesar Salad Recipe
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Crunchy Kale Caesar Salad Recipe – A healthy kale salad with radishes, pine nuts, homemade croutons, and creamy caesar dressing.
- 4 cups french bread cubes (from one loaf)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Caesar Dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large deep skillet over medium heat. Once hot, toast the pine nuts for 1-3 minutes until golden brown. Then remove the pine nuts from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet. Once melted, add the garlic powder, dried thyme, bread cubes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper. Toast well to coat. Allow the bread cubes to toast on all sides, stirring and flipping every 1-2 minutes, until all sides are golden. Remove from heat.
- Place the kale in a large bowl. Add the sliced radishes, croutons, parmesan cheese, and toasted pine nuts to the bowl. Pour 1/2 cup Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Caesar Salad Dressing over the top and toss to coat. Add more dressing if desired.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!