Three Easy Holiday Recipes, including Crunchy Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms, with massive wow-factor!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Frito-Lay. All opinions are my own.
The holidays are upon us! Can you believe it?
This week we’ve been trying to work out dates for holiday travel with family, and all our upcoming parties and events. Our calendar is packed and it’s only early November.
That’s ok. A full calendar means lots of opportunities for fun and memory making.
I know the holidays can sometimes seem stressful, but they also force us to take a break from the daily grind to spend time with the people we love.
This year I plan to focus on taking every opportunity to be with the special people in my life. That may mean cutting back on other activities that are time suckers… Including busy work, social media, pointless TV, and God forbid, even fussy cooking.
Although I love to cook, and want to serve my friends and family amazing dishes, “amazing” doesn’t always have to mean time-consuming. Sometimes the best bites are low-maintenance recipes served in casual settings.
Today I’m sharing three recipes you can use this holiday season. All three recipes require less than five ingredients, and take no more than 10 minutes to prep.
Plus, they all offer a salty note and a whole lot of crunch… Just what we desire around the holidays!
That’s because these simple holiday recipes all incorporate easy Frito-Lay snacks: Lay’s Potato Chips, Rold Gold Pretzels, and Tostitos Tortilla Chips.
Frito-Lay snacks are not just great for dipping, they are fabulous recipe add-ins to boost flavor and add crunchy appeal.
We’re serving up Crunchy Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms, Chocolate Pretzel Toffee Bark, and Mini Pizza Chips, as quick and tasty snacks for impromptu parties and casual gatherings.
For the Crunchy Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese
- Crumbled Bacon
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Lay’s Cheddar & Sour Cream Flavored Potato Chips
For the Chocolate Pretzel Toffee Bark:
- Dark Chocolate
- Rold Gold Pretzel Rods
- Toffee Bits
And for the Mini Pizza Chips:
- Tostitos Multigrain Tortilla Chips
- Pizza Sauce
- Italian Cheese Blend
- Mini Pepperoni Slices
These are all recipes you can prep in a hurry yet feel proud to offer your friends and family this holiday season.
That’s a win-win in my book!
Share your favorite recipe or gathering for the holidays with the hashtags #mingleinabox and #sweepstakes to enter to win a Merry Little Mingle Box from Frito-Lay.
The box will include everything you need for your perfect holiday party!
Frito-Lay will give away one box a day for 30 days, starting November 6th. Each entry will receive a coupon for a free Frito-Lay product. See the contest details here!
Crunchy Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 ounces fresh button mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 cup crushed Lay’s Cheddar and Sour Cream Potato Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Pop all the stems off the mushrooms and lay them upside down on the baking sheet.
- Place the cream cheese, crumbled bacon, and pickled jalapeños in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, then spoon the cream cheese filling into the cavity of each mushroom. Mound a little extra filling on top.
- Press the top of each mushroom into the crushed potato chips. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Until the tops are brown and the mushrooms have cooked through. Serve warm.
TRY THE OTHER RECIPES AS WELL!
For the Chocolate Pretzel Toffee Bark:
- 12 ounce dark chocolate chips
- 8 Rold Gold Pretzel Rods, chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or over a double boiler.
- Mix in 2/3 of the chopped pretzels and 2/3 of the toffee bits. Spread the mixture out thin on a piece of wax paper.
- Before the chocolate dries, sprinkle the remaining pretzels and toffee bits over the top. Allow the bark to dry, then cut or break into pieces.
For the Mini Pizza Chips:
- 24 Tostitos Multigrain Tortilla Chips
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/3 cup mini pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay the tortilla chips on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Spread a scant dollop of pizza sauce on each chips. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, then top with 3-4 mini pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese melts.