Crispy Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
How to Air Fry Toasted Ravioli – An easy recipe to make fresh ravioli air fried to crispy perfection and ready to serve as a tasty appetizer in only 15 minutes.
Why We Love this Air Fryer Recipe
Golden brown and crunchy fried Ravioli are an old-school Italian appetizer that is perfect for any party!
Tender little pillows of pasta, batter-dipped, fried, and served with zesty marinara – what could be better?
This easy recipe makes the tastiest (and slightly healthier) Toasted Ravioli in only 15 minutes, including prep time. Simply batter your choice of fresh refrigerated cheese or meat-filled ravioli, and place them directly in the air fryer. No cooking oil needed!
A few minutes later you have a batch of delightfully crispy and delicious air-fried ravioli ready to serve warm with dipping sauces.
Ingredients You Need
- Fresh refrigerated ravioli – any flavor you like
- Eggs – plus a bit of water
- Bread crumbs – unseasoned or with Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese – grated
- Italian seasoning – store-bought or homemade Italian seasoning; or omit if using bread crumbs with seasoning
- Garlic powder – adds even more depth of flavor
- Salt – just a pinch to taste
And it just wouldn’t be a proper serving of toasted ravioli without a cup of marinara or other favorite sauces on the side for dipping.
How to Make Crispy Ravioli in the Air Fryer
Preheat an air fryer to 390°F. Set out a medium bowl and a small bowl.
In the medium bowl, combine the eggs and water. Whisk well to make an egg wash. Then place the ravioli in the egg mixture and toss to coat.
In the smaller bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
Working in small batches, place several ravioli in the breadcrumb mixture and toss to coat.
Then lay them in a single layer in the hot air fryer basket. Place as many as you can fit in the basket in a single layer.
Air fry for 4-5 minutes. That’s 4 minutes for smaller ravioli that are around 1-1.25 inches wide, and 5 minutes for ravioli larger than 1.5 inches.
Get the Complete (Printable) Crispy Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Repeat with the remaining ingredients in small batches.
Serve the air fryer toasted ravioli warm with your favorite dipping sauces.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- You technically can use frozen ravioli. However, we found for the crispiest and tastiest version it is best to use fresh refrigerated ravioli.
- Use ravioli with any filling you like! I love sausage ravioli; cheese, spinach, and mushroom ravioli are also great options.
- Place the ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Don’t overcrowd!
- To keep air fryer toasted ravioli warm while you work in batches, place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven. They’ll stay – well, toasty – and crisp for up to about 20 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make vegetarian air-fried ravioli?
This recipe is super easy to make vegetarian! Just use your preferred meat-free ravioli, like cheese or spinach.
How do you make this recipe gluten-free?
Purchase gluten-free fresh refrigerated ravioli and breadcrumbs for a tasty GF-friendly appetizer.
What do you serve with toasted ravioli?
A bright and tangy marinara sauce is perfect for dipping! The warm and crunchy ravioli are also delicious with fresh pesto, ranch dressing, or other dipping sauces you love.
How long do leftovers last?
It’s best to enjoy toasted ravioli freshly prepared when it’s hot and crunchy. But leftovers will keep well for up to 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator. Rewarm in the air fryer or oven for just a few minutes until toasty again.
Looking for More Easy Appetizer Recipes?
- Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
- Mini Spinach Ricotta Calzone Recipe
- Cheater Potato Arancini Recipe
- Supreme Pizza Dip
- Baked Crispy Polenta Fries
Crispy Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- 18-20 ounces fresh refrigerated ravioli any flavor of filling
- 2 large eggs + 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marinara for dipping
- Preheat an air fryer to 390°F. Set out a medium bowl and a small bowl.
- In the medium bowl, combine the eggs and water. Whisk well to make an egg wash. Then place the ravioli in the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- In the smaller bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Working in small batches, place several ravioli in the breadcrumb mixture and toss to coat. Then lay them in a single layer in the hot air fryer basket. Place as many as you can fit in the basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 4-5 minutes. 4 minutes for smaller ravioli that are around 1-1.25 inches wide. 5 minutes for ravioli larger than 1.5 inches. Repeat with the remaining ingredients in small batches.
- Serve warm with a side of marinara for dipping.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: 20 Best Air Fryer Recipes - Financial Folks
Pingback: Top 28 Air Fryer Ravioli Without Breading - Lastest Updates - Smokerestaurant.com
This is one of my favorite appetizers! Super easy to make! We like freezing some after dipping in the breadcrumbs so we can have them on hand for later.
I am amazed for crispy and delicious this was. I’ve never made it before and it was so easy!
These air fryer ravioli were incredibly delicious! My whole family loved it! Thanks for sharing!