Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing – Strawberries are the star of this healthy spinach salad recipe that’s loaded with fresh ingredients, crunchy macadamia nuts, and creamy goat cheese. Top with poppyseed dressing for a bright and satisfying summer salad!
Summertime and salads go hand-in-hand.
With temps on the rise we typically don’t feel like “cooking” heavy, hot meals during the summer. I mean, what’s the point of getting the whole house roasting for a dinner that’s just going to make you feel more uncomfortable anyways?
Instead, my summer meal plans tend to involve as many raw, no-cook recipes as possible. This means we enjoy a lot of varieties of delicious, satisfying salads for lunches and dinners. My family eats well and I don’t develop a nasty mop sweat over the stove every evening. Win-win!
What makes a perfect summer salad? I’m so glad you asked!
Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
While there are many different kinds of refreshing and yummy salads, there are a few ingredients that, in my opinion, are essential to create a true meal…
The best summer salads should include seasonal produce, a crisp and crunchy element, light and tasty protein(s), a little something salty, a little something sweet, and a vibrant dressing that ties it all together.
This Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing checks every box!
For this recipe, I wanted to make a vegetarian southern-style salad with the popular strawberry-spinach combination and lots of toppings. Our selection of ingredients have been carefully chosen to maximize flavor and crunch, while making the strawberries the star of the show.
Loaded with fresh berries, radishes, onions, cheese and nuts, and a tangy poppyseed dressing, this unique salad is sure to be a hit at your family dinner table!
What Ingredients You Need
Here is what you need to make a terrifically refreshing and satisfying Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing:
- Strawberries – fresh and ripe for the best flavor
- Baby spinach – a hearty green with mild taste to let the toppings shine
- Radishes – crunchy and zesty with just the right hint of spiciness
- Roasted macadamia nuts – for more of the crunch you crave; use unsalted nuts to keep this salad on the healthier side
- Chèvre goat cheese – crumbly and creamy with a mild tangy sweetness
- Red onion – adds a bright bite of slightly sweet and spicy flavor
- Poppyseed dressing – store bought or try our recipe for homemade lemon poppyseed dressing!
What we have here is a perfect combination of ingredients that are sweet, salty, spicy, crunchy, and creamy. Of course, feel free to omit, add, or swap any items you like, but I do recommend that you try to match the textures of this original recipe.
How to Make the Best Chunky Strawberry Salad
This fresh and filling strawberry and spinach salad requires no cooking, and only takes about 15 minutes total to prep and assemble.
Because of the macadamia nuts and goat cheese, it’s vegetarian-friendly while being hearty enough to enjoy for lunch or a light dinner. It is simply the perfect summer salad!
Here are the simple steps for making the best spinach salad with strawberries:
- First, slice the strawberries, radishes and red onion. Chop the macadamia nuts.
- Next, set out a large salad bowl. Add the spinach leaves, sliced strawberries, radishes, chopped nuts, and onions. Pour the poppyseed dressing over the top and toss to coat.
- Then, sprinkle the top with crumbled goat cheese and gently toss again.
That’s it all there is to it!
You can even make this salad up to a day before serving and keep covered in the fridge. It’s great for a healthy lunch meal prep, or as a make ahead dish for potlucks and picnics.
Just leave the dressing on the side and toss in right before enjoying to keep your raw ingredients fresh and perky.
Get the Complete (Printable) Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing Recipe Below. Enjoy!
What Sides Go Well with Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing?
Keep things light and fresh by enjoying this salad with a batch of Watermelon Gazpacho.
If you do feel like turning the oven on for a bit, serve these fluffy Homemade Breadsticks or Fluffy Southern Cathead Biscuits with your summer salad.
What Other Salad Dressings Can I Use?
If you’re not a fan of poppyseed dressing, try our Best Balsamic Dressing recipe for a tangy, dairy-free dressing.
Looking for More Delicious Summer Salad Recipes?
- Fattoush Salad with Grilled Vegetables
- Fresh Peach Salad Recipe with Basil
- Healthy Rainbow Chopped Salad
- Summer Cobb Salad Recipe
- Red White and Blue Chopped Salad
Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- 2 cups fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- ¾ cup chopped roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled chevre goat cheese
- ¼ sliced red onion
- ¼ cup store-bought poppyseed dressing (or homemade)
- Slice the strawberries, radishes, and onion. Chop the macadamia nuts.
- Set out a large salad bowl. Add the spinach leaves, sliced strawberries, radishes, chopped nuts, and onions. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.
- Then sprinkle the top with crumbled goat cheese, and gently toss again.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
My family loves all types of salads so I’m always looking for new delicious recipes and this one did not disappoint! It was so easy to make and packed with so many fresh flavors. Thanks for this, it’s a keeper!
I really loved this salad! Such an amazing summer meal!
Best summer salad ever! I make this dressing all the time too!