Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake + Book Release!
Rich and jaw-dropping… Our Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake has a creamy mint chip swirl running throughout, and is topped with chocolate ganache and Andes Mints. It is the perfect cake to share to kick off our Bundt Cake Bash today!
We’re celebrating today, and we’re doing it in style with Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake!
What are we celebrating, pray tell?
A couple things… (So make sure to read all the way to the bottom of the post!)
First and foremost, we’re celebrating bundt cakes in all their glory.
Just look at this cake. Our Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake is dripping with mint chip decadence, to wow the young and old.
A thick layer of mint chip filling is poured over the chocolate bundt cake batter and cleverly settles in just the right spot as it bakes. Then to make a good thing better, I drizzled rich chocolate ganache over the top and sprinkled it with chopped Andes Mints.
Ridiculous. In a good way.
But this Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.
Today we’re launching our first-ever ebook, Brilliant Bundt Cakes.
This eCookbook is filled to the brim with delectable and artful bundt cakes for all your celebrations this year.
We compiled our 8 favorite bundt cake recipes and toppings from A Spicy Perspective, then added 27 of the most, well… brilliant, bundt cakes and cake toppings we could dream up!
The complete collection of Brilliant Bundt Cakes is available today for
$7.99 $2.99 and can be purchased and downloaded straight to your computer, tablet, or phone in a matter of minutes.
Curious what’s inside?
Brilliant Bundt Cakes offers my very best baking tips and bundt cake tips, along with 25 amazing bundt cake recipes (including today’s Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake) and 10 additional cake toppings for those of us who never know when enough is enough.
Here’s a little glimpse of what you’ll find…
Buttermilk Cherry Bundt Cake
Toasted S’mores Bundt Cake
Lemon Meringue Bundt Cake
Tender Carrot Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
Italian Cream Bundt Cake with Pistachios
You can order now…
Or link over to our Brilliant Bundt Cakes Page to see more tantalizing images and get download instructions.
What… did you think we were done?
Oh no, the party has just started!!
MightyNest.com is continuing the celebration with an amazing Bake Your Bundt Off Giveaway!
If you’ve ever shopped with MightyNest, you know they have a huge assortment of safe and healthy, cooking, household, and lunchbox items to help you produce and deliver the best food imaginable.
MightyNest is an online retailer with a positive mission: To provide the natural, organic, and non-toxic products that parents seek for their home while also giving back to schools. Better Goods + Supporting your school!
Everything they sell is selected with the highest standards for safety and quality. Glass and stainless baking gear and food storage. Green cleaning supplies. Natural bath products, and other home essentials. And everything is selected to be free from known toxic ingredients such as: BPA, PVC, Phthalates, Lead, Formaldehyde, flame retardants, Parabens and more.
MightyNest not only wants to support the well-being of your family, they want to support your local school too.
Sign your school up for MightyNest for Schools Program and with every purchase you make, MightyNest donates 15% of your order amount to your school of choice. That’s pretty generous if you ask me.
And MightyNest has a generous gift for you today!
To help one lucky ASP reader make and transport bundt cakes, MightyNest put together a huge giveaway prize package, that contains quite a few goodies – valued at over $250! On top of that, they’ll also donate $100 to the school of the winner’s choice! That puts the value of this giveaway over $350!
This assortment of Bundt Cake Baking Items will help you Bake Your Bundt Off this season:
- Glass Bundt Pan – That helps the cake flip out effortlessly!
- Wooden Cakebox – Designed with removable shelves for whole cakes or cupcakes.
- Leather Cakebox Strap – So you can carry your cakebox everywhere you go.
- 2 Tea Towels
- Stainless Measuring Cups
- Stainless Measuring Spoons
- Chemex Coffeemaker
- Chemex Filters
- Set of 4 Glass Mugs
- Set of 3 Stainless Mixing Bowls
- Stainless Serving Spatula
- Plus a copy of Brilliant Bundt Cakes Ebook!
TO ENTER: Follow the prompts in the automated entry form above.
Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Mint Swirl:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3-5 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 Andes mints chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and move the oven racks to make room for a bundt pan in the center. Thoroughly butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Turn the mixer on low to stir. Then slowly add in the remaining melted butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, water and vanilla. Turn the mixer off, scrape the bowl, then mix again until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Then wash the mixing bowl and beat the cream cheese and sugar together for the mint chip swirl. Add the egg and peppermint extract. Beat until smooth. Then slowly add the flour and green food coloring. Scrape the bowl and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mint chip filling over the batter and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to rest and cool for at least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan. Flip the cake onto a wire cooling rack and cool to room temperature before topping.
- Once the cake has cooled, bring the cream to a boil (in the microwave or on the stove). Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Allow them to sit in the hot cream for 5 minutes, then stir to combine. Place a piece of wax paper under the wire cooling rack.
- Pour the ganache into a piping bag (or plastic bag with the corner snipped off) and pipe chocolate ganache ribbons over the cake. Sprinkle with chopped Andes Mints.
- Let the toppings set before wrapping the cake. You can, however, cut it immediately after topping!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
I made this for a holiday gathering and it was delicious!!! Perfect for any celebration)
Pingback: Coconut Orange Pound Cake - Taste and Tell
CONGRATS on this beautiful book of Bundts! This chocolate mint recipe looks awesome!
This cake looks amazing, and so do all of the other’s you shared a peek of! Congratulations on the gorgeous e-book!
I love bundt cakes and this one looks spectacular.
Just pinned, this looks amazing!!
CONGRATS! This cake is amazing!
Congrats Sommer! What a perfect book and the cakes look amazing.
Congrats!! So fun. It’s only recently after years of eating dry mass-produced bundt cakes that I’ve fallen in love with homemade ones. I’ll be checking out your new book!
What a fun cookbook! Love this cake, chocolate and mint is an irresistible combo!
A book full of bundt cakes is absolutely brilliant, Sommer! Congrats! It’s beautiful! Bundts are so perfect for parties and having a book full of recipes to choose from will be so handy. My hubby loves the mint chocolate combo, so I’m adding this one to his upcoming birthday celebrations! Yum!
YAY!!!! congratulations Sommer!!
Congratulations! Our family loves bundt cakes, I can’t wait to check it out!
Soo exciting on the book, Sommer! I love that mint chip filling, too!
Wow, I can’t wait to make the chocolate-mint cake! I love the flavor combo. The cookbook looks wonderful.
Congrats on the cookbook! I love bundt cakes and can’t wait to check it out!
Congrats Sommer! Love all the creative bundt cake ideas in your new cookbook!
Gorgeous cake and your book looks really well done! All your bundts look amazing and the lemon meringue really caught my eye. This chocolate mint one looks perfect for the holiday season…I’ll have to try it out early to make…you know…for taste test purposes ;)
Congrats, Sommer! I LOVE the idea of a book full of bundt cakes. That mint filling is calling my name (and that lemon meringue bundt cake, too…).
Congrats on your e-cookbook. It looks fabulous and the pictures are stunning.
LOVE this cookbook. Have been able to read through it and now I can’t decide which one to make. Fabulous, Sommer!
I’m not a big sweet eater but your recipes make me desire sweets !!!
How gorgeous!! Congratulations Sommer!! The photos and recipes look beautiful!
It looks like a cookbook I would love. Congrats!
Love the Bundt Cake recipes. Congratulations on the cookbook. I look forward to trying so many of these. Thanks for sharing.
Wow Sommer!! Gorgeous cakes! Huge congrats on your book! xo
Look at all those wonderful budnt cakes! Congratulations on the ebook! I want to try every single one of them. :)
How absolutely exciting!!! I’m so excited for your book launch. This cake is epic!
WOW!!! Such a creative bundt cake and I adore this giveaway!!
Love, love, love mint chocolate!
OMG- so cool, Sommer! This is great and that giveaway! Awesome
So exciting!!! And that chocolate mint cake looks amazing! Congrats on the new release, friend! :)
Congrats, Sommer! Who doesn’t love bundt cakes!?!?! I love the idea and Mighty Nest is one of my favorite sites to shop- a great brand to partner with. So excited for you!
Loving this flavour! But even more so, LOVE the book preview! Couldn’t be more excited!
Bundt cakes are the best!! Congrats on this wonderful ebook :)
Congrats on the book! All of the cakes look amazing!
CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!
Lucky me got to sample this amazing bundt cake and my kids declared it the best cake ever. Ever! And we can’t wait to try the rest of these this holiday season. Bundt cakes rule!
CONGRATS SOMMER! So excited for you, and I love that you focused on bundts. They are one of my fave dessert categories!