Chocolate Malt Popcorn Recipe
Yield: 4 quarts
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes
- 3 Tb. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tb. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tb. malted milk powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, cocoa, malted milk powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Place the oil and popcorn kernels in a large 6-8 quart heavy-bottomed pot with a lid. Shake the pot to cover the kernels in oil. Place the lid on the pot and open the vent. If your lid doesn’t have a vent, offset the lid a little so there’s a crack in the side.
- Place the pot over medium heat and wait for the kernels to start popping. The moment the kernels slow down and are about to stop popping, take the popcorn off the heat, so you don’t burn the bottom, then pour the chocolate malt powder over the top and toss vigorously.
- Once well coated, store the popcorn in an airtight container for up to a week.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2