Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops
I’ve got festive kid-made Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops for you today. A project that is fun to make and give to friends and neighbors.
Like I said in my Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Cookies post last week, I loooooooove to make Halloween treats.
However, due to the fact that we produce so many of them for our Halloween party and to pass out to friends, I don’t like making complicated Halloween treats. They’ve got to be simple.
Well, today’s Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops are as simple as they come.
There is no baking involved.
No tempering of chocolate.
No fancy equipment.
In fact, this could be a completely hands-off project for the grownups, Yet an exciting weekend project for the kids!
- Poke a popsicle stick down into a marshmallow.
- Melt chocolate or candy melts in the microwave.
- Dip and decorate.
If you don’t like the microwave melting method, you could always place the chocolate on low over a double-boiler to melt.
We made several varieties on this particular day.
S’mores Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops required very little decorating. You simple sprinkle the chocolate dipped marshmallows in crushed graham crackers. You could also do this with toasted coconut or pistachios!
We also made Pumpkin Patch Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops.
These pops were inverted into mini muffin liners so the candy pumpkin could sit on top. (We did this with some of the S’mores Pops as well.)
We made Mummy Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops by piping melted white chocolate around the dark chocolate and adding candy eyes.
And Monster Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops by dipping the top of the pop in orange sprinkles for hair, then adding eyes and a candy nose.
Having a piece of styrofoam is handy to have, to poke the popsicle sticks in while they dry.
However you could use an egg carton, or set them down in paper liners.
However you decide to decorate your Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops, they will offer tons of spooky fun and family memories this year.
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or colored candy melts
- 20 popsicle sticks
- Decoration Options: crushed graham crackers sprinkles, candy eyes, candy dots, pumpkin candies, more white candy melts
- Press a popsicle stick in the middle of each marshmallow, until it goes all the way to the other side, so it is secure at the top of the stick.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl (reserving a handful) and microwave on medium in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted. Throw in the remaining chopped chocolate and stir until completely smooth. Adding the extra chocolate at the end sort-of tempers the chocolate without any effort, so it doesn't dry cloudy.
- Spoon the melted chocolate over each marshmallow (or dip) rotating the stick to coat completely. Tap the pop on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. (Remelt the chocolate as needed if it starts to dry.)
- While the chocolate is still loose decorate the Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops: Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers for S'mores Pops. Decorate with sprinkles, candy eyes, and nose for Monster Pops. Pipe with melted white chocolate and add eyes for Mummy Pops. Or add candy pumpkins and sprinkle with green sprinkles for Pumpkin Patch Pops.
- Place in mini muffin papers or in a piece of styrofoam to dry. Once dry, store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.