Chicken Gnocchi Skillet
Homey Chicken and Gnocchi Recipe that cooks up in minutes in your favorite skillet! Our Chicken Gnocchi Skillet is loaded with veggies and tastes like home.
Just a couple weeks ago I went up to Pittsburgh to visit some of my favorite people, my friends at DeLallo Foods.
We spent an evening exploring the Andy Warhol Museum, dining at Butcher and the Rye, and watching the Pirates – Red Sox game from box seats. I love Pittsburgh… Go Bucs!
Then we spent time with the DeLallo family, learning why their business is so unique, and of course sampling their amazing products.
Truly, I have yet to find a DeLallo product I don’t like… and that is really saying something.
After exploring the DeLallo store in Jeannette, Pennsylvania we settled into cooking mode, making the most ridiculously rich and buttery stuffed pasta you will ever taste.
I’m going to have to try replicating this at home… I’ll get back to you with a recipe.
I came home inspired to make lots and lots of pasta dishes, starting with my favorite pasta for fall DeLallo Potato Gnocchi.
Today’s easy Chicken Gnocchi Skillet is a cozy dinner you can make in minutes with all the best flavors of home: fresh chicken breast, pillowy potato gnocchi, carrots, onions, sweet red Italian peppers, garlic… and a little cheese.
I used DeLallo’s classic potato gnocchi, but you could use their whole wheat gnocchi, or even their gluten free gnocchi.
I started this comforting Chicken Gnocchi Skillet by boiling the gnocchi, and sautéing chicken and veggies in a large skillet.
Once the gnocchi rises to the top of the water, scoop it into the skillet and finish the dish with sweet peas, a little parsley, and cheese.
This Chicken Gnocchi Skillet is so easy, and oh so delicious. Who could resist?
Why would they even try?
My family enjoyed this Chicken Gnocchi Skillet with a big green salad, topped with DeLallo SaladSavors.
And of course they asked for seconds.
Gnocchi Recipe - Chicken Gnocchi Skillet
- 1 pound DeLallo Potato Gnocchi Classic or Whole Wheat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 - 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 long Italian sweet pepper or red bell pepper sliced
- 2/3 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large pot of salty water over high heat and bring to a boil. Place a skillet on another burner over medium-high heat.
- Once the water is boiling... Add the butter, onions, carrots, and garlic to the skillet. Sautee for 2-3 minutes, then drop the DeLallo gnocchi in the boiling water. Stir and bring back to a boil.
- Add the chicken to the skillet at the same time you add the gnocchi to the boiling water. Salt and pepper, then saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the red Italian peppers and stir.
- After 3-4 minutes the gnocchi should start rising to the top. Use a skimmer to scoop the gnocchi out of the boiling water and into the skillet. Reserve the pasta water.
- Now add the frozen peas, Dijon mustard, crushed red pepper, and 1/3 cup of salty pasta water to the skillet. Stir to coat and thaw the peas. Add the cheese and parsley. Stir to melt the cheese, then salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo Foods. All opinions are my own.